Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Windows 10, ACLog and WSJT

I installed Win 10 from Win 8.1.  ACLog and WSJT were working in 8.1  but I can't get them to interface in Win 10. Nothing seems to connect.  Has anyone had any luck with either of these programs?  Win 10 controls the Flex 6300 without a problem. I have tried different port settings but it either indicates the port is in use or does nothing.  Device manager show the ports as greyed out.
Can anyone help?

Answers

• Bob - G3WKW
    Bob - G3WKW Member
    edited August 2015
    I had a lot of trouble getting CAT to work and ended up doing a complete uninstall and reinstall of SSDR. Just uninstalling CAT didn't seem to be enough. The broken com ports could be seen using device manager. But while it was broken CAT itself appeared fine and communicated with radio but WSJT was returning a Hamlib error, and all other apps that used Cat also failed. I reckon that one old version of SSDR was not uninstalled as advised before the upgrade.
  • James T. Whitehead
    James T. Whitehead Member ✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Bob - I downloaded from Microsoft the Windows 10 Iso file and setup both a bootable USB Drive and a DVD - I performed a clean install on both my Flex Computers - all went well - I installed Windows 10 on 5 computers - there is ample directions on line to help us all along!!
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Bob - you should do a complete uninstall of SmartSDR before you upgrade to Win10.https://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-us/articles/204975589-How-to-do-a-Complete-uninstall-of-SmartSD....

You can try a complete uninstall and then a reinstall of the SmartSDR ecosystem and see if that helps.
  • Ned K1NJ
    Ned K1NJ Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
         I'm using SSDR and AClog with Win10.  Virtual ports are a pitfall, but do as Tim says and
    all should be well.

Ned,  K1NJ
  • Bob Brown - N8OB
    edited February 2018
    I uninstalled all files related to SSDR (which I didn't do before upgrading to Win 10) and my ACLog program is working again.  Now I will play with WSJT-X as my next project.  It doesn't pay to upgrade without checking out all the caveats. At least I am moving in the right direction.
    THANKS to all for comments and things to check.
  • Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    WSJT-X is rather odd when changing settings to try to make it work, you need to close and restart it or it seems to give the errors even though it is correctly configured. This is my configuration.image
  • Bob Brown - N8OB
    edited September 2015
    Installed the latest Win 10 update and ACLog no longer interfaces to the Flex.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.