Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

WSJT-X frequency is tracking the SmartSDR VFO with the focus

N7BCP
N7BCP Member ✭✭
edited October 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Using WSJT-X 1.5 and SmartSDR 1.4.16 with a 6500 - WSJT-X seems to be working fine and I've made a few contacts but I notice that, if I'm set up with DAX on slice A and slice A is set to transmit, if I use the mouse to change focus to another pan and slice, for example, slice B, that WSJT-X frequency display changes to the slice that now has the focus.  Smart SDR still shows slice A has TX set but SmartSDR RX window (upper right of screen) shows the slice that I've just clicked on (B).  WSJT radio settings of for TS-2000.  This doesn't seem to cause an operational problem but it is rather confusing for WSJT to display the frequency of the highlighted slice when it is neither the slice that the DAX audio is coming from or the slice that is set to TX.  Working as designed?

Comments

• Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Larry,
      Try using the TS-480 setting... My WSJT stays on slice A regardless of active of slice active for TX.

AL, K0VM
  • Rob - AG6RK
    Rob - AG6RK Member
    edited August 2015
    I am currently using WSJT-X "V1.6.0-devel r5719" on Win7 and having the same issue.  I was using TS-2000 and also tried TS-480 but no difference.  Each of the 2 instances of WSJT-X running is assigned to its own CAT COM Port.

I use a Windows batch file to start up both instances, one for 20m (Slice A, COM4, DAX1) and other for 17m (Slice B, COM5, DAX2):

cd "C:Program Files (x86)wsjtxin"
        @start wsjtx --rig-name=20m
        @start wsjtx --rig-name=17m
        cmd /K

I can get successful parallel JT9&JT65 decodes on each slice but I'd like to assign CAT control of each instance WSJT-X to its respective slices independently. 

Any suggestions much appreciated.

Rob - AG6RK

• Mike NN9DD
    Mike NN9DD Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    I cant even get the program to let me select which Radio.

It loads looks right and then decodes but when I clink on it to change settings it give the windows error tone

Any Thoughts

WIn 10
    I7 16 GB Ram

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.