Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

global and transmit profiles setup considerations

Steve Belcak
Steve Belcak Member ✭✭
Tomorrow is 1 week with a new 6500....all is working well BUT NOW  switching among all of the capabilities of this radio is a test....cw..ssb..am..fm...psk31...wsjt-x..cwskimmer - DAX..IQ Stream with 96000 baud that doesn't save....
anyway for u folks that have been thru this, have u found a format that you follow that lets you change these modes, then change freq. -  using the transmit and global profile save feature seems to work but I'd appreciate hearing how everyone has approached this matter!
Thanks
Steve

Answers

• andrew
    andrew Member
    edited July 2016
    Hello all I can't get my flex5000a working at all
  • Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018

I save seprate Global Profiles for things like

SSB Rag Chew

SSB DX

PSK

WSJT-W

and so on, with all the proper settings I want to run with each one.

Such as,

Bandwith TX and RX

DAX

Transmit profile

Mic Input

Mic level

Processor level

EQ Settings

TX  jack enable

Then its just a simple pick of the global profile you want to use, changing bands works just fine and it  seems to keep all the other settings after doing so.

• George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    You can also "nest" a transmit profile inside a global one. I have profiles set up for FLDIGI, WSJT-10, MMSSTV, WSJT-X, and so forth that can be called up inside any Global profile. Reduces the tedium of re-entering data and helps build a good custom set.
  • Steve Belcak
    Steve Belcak Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Larry...George...thanks....

George...like u I'm trying to do the same thing...the nested xmt profiles work nicely inside a Global profile. Looks like I'm headed in the right direction.....appreciate the inputs...

Steve

• W9OY
    W9OY Member ✭✭
    edited July 2015
    I use FRStack.  The MRU is a great scratch pad memory and the other fields make a great custom band/mode switch  Plus its easy to export to my remote computers
  • Kg5dwx
    Kg5dwx Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    When I set up a global profile I am not able to control equalizer on and off. Does anyone know of a workaround?
  • Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018

Save EQ settings in a transmit profile and that transmit profile can be saved within the global profile.

• Kg5dwx
    Kg5dwx Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017

Thanks Larry, my objective is to have a profile that when in a voice mode on a net (MARS) and I have a MT63 message come through, I can chose a MixW profile and have the correct DAX, DAX on, no PROC, no DEXP, EQ off. with out it changing freq. This works if I set up a transmit profile and associate with a global profile. The only problem is it changes the freq back to the freq where the profile was last saved. Any thoughts?

Whish there was an option to chose what was saved in the profiles.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.