Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6500 Error Message appears after power off

Steve Belcak
Steve Belcak Member ✭✭
New 6500 owner for less than a week....notice if I power off my 6500 (black screen) and then turn off my Astron PS, as the PS output voltage decays, the Flex screen lights back up and tells me my supply voltage is below spec.  Is the 6500 truly off or just in standby mode....find it unusual since I would consider off to mean OFF....

Answers

• pa0bie
    pa0bie Member
    edited July 2015
    This is normal. The FLEX warns for undervoltage.  As the voltage decay is slow You wil get this warning for a short  moment as soon as You swirch of the power supply.
  • k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Hi Steve,

Welcome and trust you're enjoying the new radio.

Same sequence here.  Using an Astron 50A linear supply, the slow decay of the caps causes the error message at around 9 V-DC.   Off is not everything off.  Here is a post from 2 years ago on the subject:

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/shutdown_procedure_on_6000_series_radio

IF  (and I do mean a big IF) the 6500 should ever be remotely power on/off then a complete shutdown is not possible.

_..--
    k3Tim
  • Ian1
    Ian1 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    All Normal nothing to worry about.

Ian
  • Steve Belcak
    Steve Belcak Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Thanks...
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Just an FYI, the "standby" mode enables the frequency stability features by keeping whatever is required (GPSDO, etc.) running. The "power" switch is more of an operate/standby switch, as power is always delivered and some hardware is always active. Just like on most TVs nowadays.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.