Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6300 using ACC for mic input, level much lower then my 1500 was

Dave Dave
Dave Dave Member ✭✭
edited March 2017 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series

Ive seen post saying line input on the acc connector on back of a 6300 is low.

It mentioned new software will address this problem?????

Im using same mic and preamp as I do on my 1500 and its got plenty of audio, 6300 wont even do 30 watts unless I yell into mic.

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    This is a previously reported issue and it is in our bug tracker.  It has not been addressed to date.  I recommend using the front mic connector because the ACC connector is intended for consumer line in audio.
  • Dave Dave
    Dave Dave Member ✭✭
    edited July 2015

Manual errors cost me time.  Manual says pin 5 of the ACC plug is ground, on my 6300 its not ground, pin 6 is.

In the manual it says the mic connector on front is UnBalanced however the Diagram says its balanced, it shows mic + and Mic - and also Ground, Mic - is chassis ground actually.

I have a preamp which gives plenty drive for my 1500, don't work on 6300, barely get 25 watts if I yell.

• James Whiteway
    edited July 2015
    From the User's Manual page 140 Phone Transmit Control:
    Audio Input drop down (MIC is the default): Clicking on the dropdown box will display and allow for the selection of the primary audio input source. The audio input options are MIC (front panel 8-pin Foster connector), BAL (XLR balanced input) or LINE (TRS line level balanced audio input) , ACCY (rear panel accessory connector and PC (uses the default Windows recording sound device). The audio inputs XLR and LINE are only available on the FLEX-6500 and FLEX-6700.

The link I sent you about a post from Gerald Youngblood had the info about the front connector being unbalanced. But, also is simi-balanced.
     I think the Hardware Manual states the differences between the 65/6700 and the 6300 rear ACC
    connector:

7.4.5 Pin 5, Mono Audio Line Out (FLEX-6300 only)
    On the FLEX-6300, pin 5 is a mono (left / right combined) audio line output for connecting external device such as modems or TNCs.
    7.4.6 Pin 5, Pin 6, Pin 7, Pin 8 and Pin 10: GROUND
    These pins are all connected to chassis ground o the FLEX-6700 and FLEX-6500. Pin 5 is not a chassis ground for the FLEX-6300 (see above)

It appears that the 6300's line input on the ACC connector is not intended for audio input of the sort needed for SSB or other voice operations. Just Digital modes.
    james
    WD5GWY

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.