Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Behringer CMD Micro DJ Midi Controller for use with Flex 6000

Comments

• W4WHL
    W4WHL Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Peter,

The midi driver is most likely not loaded for some reason, check device manager.  Others on here had the same issue, and it was related to virusscan/spyware software.

William
  • W4WHL
    W4WHL Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    That has a big cool factor, but cost a fortune by the time you get enough controls.

William
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    The mid- range kit is $199 -- about what I paid for my 2 Flexcontrols.  Plus you get 2 sliders and its expandable.   Add more buttons etc if needed although I didn't see the prices for individual prices.    

Anyway seem like an interesting concept -- reconfigure modules at will. 

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

• MH_Flexer
    MH_Flexer Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018

Here is an updated Version History

Please let me know if there are any errors:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/obf38wx0b1xj3uj/CMDMicroFlex6K%20Version%20Release%20Notes_2.0_f.pdf?dl=0

• Peter Driessen
    Peter Driessen Member ✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Working fine now, thanks. I switched USB ports and the windows "installing drivers" came up.

Peter
  • W5XZ - dan
    W5XZ - dan Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    this thing is amazing! thanks a million dude...73

• W4WHL
    W4WHL Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    your welcome!
  • W5UN_Dave
    W5UN_Dave Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    William, your CMD button labels are beautiful. Where can I get some like that?
  • W4WHL
    W4WHL Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    They are just Brother labels.  

Brother Easy Handheld Label Maker (PTH100)

with white on black tape.

William
  • W5UN_Dave
    W5UN_Dave Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Thanks. Where do I get the latest software download?
  • W5UN_Dave
    W5UN_Dave Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Javier does the openVPN slow things down for you? I need a tutorial from you on how to setup and use openVPN with Flerx 6700.
  • G8ZPX
    G8ZPX Member
    edited July 2016

I am seeing consistent network packet loss with Williams CMD Micro app running.

I bring up the network diagnostics screen (click on the bar graph bottom right).

Without the CMD control app running I see no packet loss at all (big **** zero). With CMD app loaded there are some missed packets every few seconds until eventually the diagnostic reports poor network comms. 

If I then unload the app the packet loss stops and the dropped packets % goes down again, and finally gets back to Excellent (green status).

This is very easy to observe, test and prove using the "dropped packets" line of the network diagnostics box.

Anybody else seeing this, any ideas how to fix it...William?

Steve G1XOW

• DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Good morning, Steve.

I have had no dropped packets here, ever. I run a giga ethernet network and my VAIO I7 notebook and my Flex-6500 are connected to my router through an ethernet switch. All my cables are CAT6 double shielded.

Since starting my station today network diagnostics show 172000 packets, none of them dropped. I have been using CMD Micro since William first posted
    it here on the forum and I am using his latest version. Which version are
    you using?

BTW I just worked VK7XX in Tasmania with 10 watts out to my ECO
    balcony antenna!

I would also suggest to look at your antivirus/firewall software to see whether
    the fault lies there. I also find the Microsoft Resource Monitor software
    very useful. I am posting a screenshot here.It's in German, (sorry about
    that but my OS is German, although I am reading and writing more that
    80% in English), but I hope that you can see that the CPU runs at 7%
    and the mean CPU load is very low for SmartSDR.

Monitoring latency is also a good idea. If all else fails clean up your pc or reinstall on another one to see if this helps.

73, Alex DH2ID
  • Steve G1XOW
    Steve G1XOW Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016

Hi Alex,

Running version D

Thanks for the reply. I am a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer, and a computer engineer of over 30 years experience. So, I have already checked/tested all the likely things like DPC latency, IP daemons, Antivirus, firewall etc. etc.

My dedicated gigabit ethernet PC-to-FLEX (Cat6e cable) cable and network is rock solid. SmartSDR can be running for a week or more (millions of packets) without a single dropped packet.

However, as soon as I start the CMD Micro app I see around 100-150 packets being lost every few seconds in the network diagnostic panel. I then stop the App and the problem instantly goes away again, the packets are then perfect without error forever.

I wont be doing reinstallation of Windows 7 as my network is perfectly stable in every way and this would be an overkill for what I hope is a simple problem.

73 de Steve G1XOW

• DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Hi Steve, well - I've been bringing owls to Athens then.... ;-)

As you see, no dropped packets here. My station has been
    online for only 10 minutes. But if I leave it on for hours and
    even days, millions of packets are shown without any being
    dropped.

I think all here in the forum would be very interested if you
    find fault, bug and solution!

73 from Karlsruhe, Germany
    Alex DH2ID
  • W4WHL
    W4WHL Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Steve,

I have seen this before, it appears to be related to hung connections in the radio.  Have you hard reset the FLEX recently?  If you haven't you should try that.

William
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    William, nice to see you here again! I hadn't thought about hung connections
    IN the radio...

73 and keep up the good works,

Alex DH2ID
  • G8ZPX
    G8ZPX Member
    edited July 2016

William, thanks for the idea. I had not thought of it being a problem that persists beyond a power-up cycle. I wonder what you think might be going on that causes this problem to a) persist, and b) only shows with your app running?

Also, should it matter if flex control is enabled or not in the SSDR?

73 de Steve G1XOW

• Steve G1XOW
    Steve G1XOW Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016

problem found and resolved: I tried doing the hard reset as suggested by William - no help. I then tired removing DDUTIL, SMETER etc all no help. I then checked version numbers of SSDR CAT (flexVSP) module, this was not in agreement with the other SSDR 1.4.16 modules.

So, I removed the entire package and then reinstalled after a reboot - problem solved. So looks like I had somehow managed to get an old version of CAT left over from previous install of SSDR.

Alex and William thanks for your help!

73 de Steve G1XOW

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Thanks for the update.I'm sure you aren't the only one who has gotten their CAT's crossed!  Just call it "CAT scratch fever!"
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Steve, thank you for the info. Now I know why I deinstall all old versions... ;-)
  • W5XZ - dan
    W5XZ - dan Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Thanks again for sharing this software, William.  It's just superb!!

Just put the CMD Micro to use in 'full battle stations'  this am on 160m when E6GG appeared,
     which i needed on top band.

vfo a, b, and agc-t and audio gain, a and b, with separate knobs and sliders...
     priceless!!

hope you finished building that engine, and re-join us soon.  73 from Texas..

• Steve Belcak
    Steve Belcak Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    William..thank you for sharing ur hard work....I saw this today, looks like u can order the CMD Micro from Amazon for about $47 ......just make sure u take advantage of the additional 20% promo code.http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DW5NB4W?redirect=true&ref_=ox_ya_os_product

I thought anyone interested might find this a good deal....

William, can u give me a link to the latest software package....

Thanks

Steve
  • Dale KB5VE
    Dale KB5VE Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    I used the Hercules DJ and had great success with power sdr. I am going to spring for this. I see a real use in my Mobil ! Please send site for current update. Are there and help with it or are they all over the community. I could see selling my two flex controls!
  • W5XZ - dan
    W5XZ - dan Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Dale, I still use mine every day; love it, works great!

• Steve W6SDM
    Steve W6SDM Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Flex, mobile?  Really?  Now that takes distracted driving to a whole new dimension.  :)

It reminds me of the time I worked a guy mobile on CW - then found out he was on a motorcycle.

• DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
  • Roger Rockwell/na4rr
    Roger Rockwell/na4rr Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Hi William,

This is great. Thank you.  I looked at your work a few months ago when you started but got side tracked.  I am glad someone brought it back up.  I figured since I have Amazon prime for 30 days I'd just get the CDM and give it a try.  It got here today.  Down loaded your program and out of the box works!!!  Fantastic.  I am going to try and use it with the coming 10M contest. For me it would work better to swap the CWX1,2 and 3 buttons with the corresponding buttons on the left.  Where are they defined?  I dont see them in the DATA folder.  Are they more difficult to change than VFOa VFOb  etc.  Thanks again.

Roger

I may have figured it out.  Lets say swapping CWX1 button with Tx Ant button.   In line 523 change the 37 to 18.  In line 680 change 18 to 37.   Would that do it. 
    To test I made the change but cant figure out how to save from the Processing program into the windows64 program.  So if someone wants to help that would be great.

roger

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.