Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

TUNE and MOX button stay grayed out on 60 meters

N3NER
N3NER Member ✭✭
I tried all the modes and the TUNE and MOX button stay grayed out on all modes except for CW on 60 meters which I know is not correct.. 

Comments

• John
    John Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    One thought is whether you are within your country's designated 60m bandplan? and have you tried a factory reset ? Have you also had the 60m band allocation added to the 3000 ? Depending what country you are in, flex will send you a file which will "add" the 60m band to your flex and you can only operate within the green blocks indicated.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    John is correct.  What country are you located Nick?
  • N3NER
    N3NER Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    USA

• N3NER
    N3NER Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Nope, I did upgrade to the latest version when I first powered it up.
  • John
    John Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Did you upgrade the flex software of the 60m band file, two different things.
    you need to contact flex and ask them to email you the 60m band file which you have to install on your pc, else it wont work. They will need the flex serial number as well ****-****
  • N3NER
    N3NER Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I sent Tim my call this morning so, still waiting for a reply.  I'm sure with the holiday weekend, I won't hear anything till maybe monday.
  • John
    John Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    ok, well try flex in Germany his name there is Klaus and he can help you out as well at below address. He just needs the model and serial number

flexradio-eu@t-online.de
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    Nick, please submit a HelpDesk ticket.

Using our business e-mail is not the most effective way to assist you.  I recommend you submit a support ticket via our HelpDesk (https://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-us) so one of our Support Engineers can assign you a case number and investigate the issue.

Opening a HelpDesk support ticket will ensure our highest level of customer service we can provide.  For details on how to submit a HelpDesk support ticket, please refer to the following URL: http://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-us/articles/202118688-How-to-Submit-a-Request-for-Technical-Supp...

Once the support ticket is submitted, a support engineer will be in contact so we can work on the issue.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    W2NER is in the US.  His radio is setup for 60m operation by default.  No TURF is needed.
  • N3NER
    N3NER Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    The two I have used in the past are 5.330.5 and 5.346.5 and they both are grayed out.  
  • N3NER
    N3NER Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I have opened a ticket.  I have tried the entire 60 meter band, both the tune and mox stay grayed out. 
  • N3NER
    N3NER Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Tim helped me fix this issue, turns out I had the TX filter above 2.9k.  Problem solved.  
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Interesting.  Frustrating to find, but it will prevent pink slips for transmitting too wide in that restricted band.  I didn't know it would do that.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    Yes, SmartSDR takes into account the slice frequency, any XIT offsets and the TX filter width into account when determining if you are transmitting out of band.  For 60m, emissions have to stay confined to the channel bandwidth, so a 2.9k TX filter fits the bill.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.