Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Radio Not in List of Radios

K9DUR
K9DUR Member ✭✭
edited March 2018 in SmartSDR API

I have a CW memory keyer program that uses FlexLib.  I have a user (FLEX-6500 user) who reports that my program cannot find the radio.  I have a FLEX-6700 and have never seen this problem.

Anybody have any suggestions about why the API.RadioList collection would be empty?

My code captures the RadoiAdded & RadioRemoved events to update the list of radios displayed to the user.

73, Ray, K9DUR

Answers

• Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    This is a user not on your lan? The way radios are discovered and hence added is via a UDP broadcast. If the radio is  not on the same lan segment your software won't see it. Or if this user has your software and his radio on different lan segments it still won't see it. What's the lan segment the software is on and the lan segment his radio is on. Also, if the radio is off or just powering up, it won't see it.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Are you supporting both versions of the Discovery protocol?
  • Dan -- KC4GO
    Dan -- KC4GO Member
    edited March 2018
    Ray download your keyer and it connected to my 6500 sent CW just fine. Can I be of any other assistance? 

• K9DUR
    K9DUR Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Tim, I am using The FlexLib API.RadioList collection to get the list of radios. Also, I am capturing the RadioAdded & RadioRemoved events to update the list. So, I am using whatever discovery protocol that FlexLib is using. 73, Ray, K9DUR
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    We changed discovery protocol versions in 1.2.  What version of SSDR is the operator using?  If it is an older version, the radio will not show up.
  • K9DUR
    K9DUR Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016

Tim, 

He says he is running v1.4.11.  I got his report just before you released v1.4.16 to the public.

73, Ray, K9DUR

• K9DUR
    K9DUR Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017

I have some additional info from my user.  He does not have a router.  His computer is connected to the internet via the Ethernet adapter on the motherboard.  He added another Ethernet adapter to connect the radio.  Therefore, I suspect my program is trying to find the radio using the wrong adapter.

So, how do I resolve this?

73, Ray, K9DUR

• Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    Honestly, he should go buy an Ethernet switch connect it to the Internet router and then the PC and the radio to the switch and not use the ethernet adapter.

Otherwise, I this this is a question for Eric.
  • K9DUR
    K9DUR Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Thanks, Tim.  I will so advise him. -- 73, Ray, K9DUR

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.