Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex6700 - Lost Audio, Slices then radio after running ok with v1.4.16

Options
WA6FXT Mike
WA6FXT Mike Member ✭✭
edited June 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows

Flex6700 - Lost Audio, Slices then radio after running ok with v1.4.16, for a few hours.

Very strange - After updating to v1.4.16, everything was great.

Then, while playing around in CW / CWX (I'm not sure exactly what I did) I lost all of the audio (Including DAX).

exiting and reentering SSDR got me into the condition of no Slice. OK, I exited again and was going to try to re-connect; however, SSDR Setup showed I was still connected to this pc and could not reconnect.

Shutdown and restarted on radio, connected to radio and the same condition (No Slice) occurred.

Cold booted radio (Removed DC from radio, after shutdown)

Cold started both PC and radio to same condition.

Did factory reset on radio. The radio is back (YES!!!) However, I lost the Memory settings and it was not restored via the import profiles. Oh! Well!

73's de Mike WA6FXT

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I was going to recommend a factory reset after doing an export to save your data.

Did you do a cold boot of the radio after the upgrade to 1.4.16?
  • WA6FXT Mike
    WA6FXT Mike Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options

Tim,

Yes, I did a complete radio cold boot.

The weird thing is that it was working great, for several hours and while I was playing with CWX, it happened.

BTW - Check my post about 'saving memory' (I meant Exporting, though)

Mike

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Hard to say what went off into the weeds.  But all's well that ends well. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.