Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

windows 10 and power sdr

John
John Member ✭✭
edited January 2020 in FLEX Series (Legacy) Radios
I have reserved a copy of windows 10 but am concerned about the power sdr software or drivers used, not being compatible. Has anyone had any problems with power sdr after upgrading to windows 10.

Answers

• WEØZ
    WEØZ Member
    edited October 2015
    My 3000 worked fine but if you are using Virtual Audio Cable v4.09 you will have to upgrade to the latest version. Bob we0z
  • John
    John Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    ok, thanks for the reply. I will sleep well tonight...hi

• Pierre Martel
    Pierre Martel Member ✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Vac 4.13 and psdr on Windows 10. All is well on that side.. Cant send audio to my hdmi output. But that is not the question ;-)
  • John
    John Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I only use the flex for ssb and cw so not a problem with vac.
  • Joe Lalumia
    Joe Lalumia Member
    edited August 2015
    No problem upgrading the main computer-- an HP AMD quad core 6 gigs memory 1 tbyte and an older HP Elitebook laptop AMD dual core. Both running PowerSDR and version 4.14 VAC.

All software migrated over even some old ones like Publisher 98, and Ham Clock. FLdigi, Airlink, JT65-HF, and WSPR all work just fine.
  • John Vk2fad
    John Vk2fad Member
    edited January 2020

I upgraded from W7 to W10 and I found that PSDR would not open. It gets all the way to 2 seconds prior to opening and it hangs there. I removed and reinstalled PSDR but had the same issues. Restored my pc back to W7 and PSDR works 100% Has anyone else had this issue? Everything else worked ok with W10 - but not PSDR.

Regards John Vk2fad

• N7BCP
    N7BCP Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Upgrade from windows 8.1 to 10 working fine with Flex 1500. No hangs.
  • Paul_Mills
    Paul_Mills Member ✭✭
    edited August 2015
    I upgraded 7 to 10 and PSDR works fine with Flex 5000.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Did you uninstall PowerSDR, including the Firewire driver before upgrading?  If not, I recommend you revert back to Win7, uninstall PowerSDR and the Firewire driver, then upgrade to Win10.  After Win10 is working, install PowerSDR again.  If that didn't work, your options are to not use Win10 or do a recovery refresh which is a destructive process as it removes all applications but leaves your user data.
  • John Vk2fad
    John Vk2fad Member
    edited March 2017
    Tim
    Followed your advice tonight and PSDR / W10 is now playing nice :) Will see how it holds up. Appreciate your advice.
    Thanks
    John
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Woohoo!  Good to hear.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.