Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

using two screens

John
John Member ✭✭
I saw a video where someone was using two screens on their computer with one having the flex radio software and the other he was browsing the internet. He could move the one screen content to the other. Does a computer have to have special softwre to do this as I would like to use this method.

Answers

• Pierre Martel
    Pierre Martel Member ✭✭
    edited June 2015
    If your video card have multiple output just plug multiple display and it will work! if you run windows XP or more recent OS! I have a video card with a vga a dvi and 2 hdmi output, and I have 3 monitor connected and all is well,
  • John
    John Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I don't have an extra port on my internal grapics card, so I will look for another one on ebay.
    Thanks

• Pierre Martel
    Pierre Martel Member ✭✭
    edited June 2015
    there usb vga or dvi or hdmi adaptor, just be sure that you have at least usb2 in the computer.
  • W4YXU
    W4YXU Member
    edited April 2016
    I use a pair of relatively cheap (> $25) video cards that have 1 VGA and 1 DVI port each.  I use 4 monitors with no significant problems.  My paranoia about Windows caused me to be sure that the stwo cards used the same video chip.  I have since heard of some un-confirmed issues when Windows has to use different driver software for each card.

Biggest problem for me is deciding what goes on each monitor!!

Jim
    W4YXU
  • John
    John Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    My idea is to have the flex software + cctv cams on one screen on one monitor and the other free to do the other stuff
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    A good dual head video card costs about $50, you might get an adequate card for in the $35 range.
  • W9OY
    W9OY Member ✭✭
    edited June 2015
    get a scheme that allows 3 screens  soon enough you will be wishing you had 3.  You may be able to run 2 on the card and one on the internal, or you may need a card that has 3 outputs

73  W9OY
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Hey Lee, was that you i heard over the last few days explaining SDR to folks?
  • W9OY
    W9OY Member ✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Bill

on 40M yes it was 

73  W9OY

• Pierre Martel
    Pierre Martel Member ✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Good advice for the 3 screen. I run 3 , one is a 26 inch samsung TV right in the middle of my shack, then on each side I have 2 X 21 inch monitor. the TV is also connected to a cable TV box. I can run my sdr on any of the 3 output, but I prefer the 26 inch.  then on each side I have software for digital mode and web browser. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.