Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

My New "All Flex" HF station....

13»

Comments

• Richard McClelland, AA5S
    Richard McClelland, AA5S Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Just ran across this rack that looks like it would hold our ham radio equipment rather nicely:  http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811353033&nm_mc=BAC-GDR-PC&cm_mmc=BAC-...  Looks like it needs a second floor panel/shelf for the second level though...

• Bill W2PKY
    Bill W2PKY Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Remember when Novices would load the 720 to 90 watts and hope no one would know!
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Who would have known the difference between 75 and 90 watts input with the crummy antennas we ran as novices? It would have been .8 dB gain over 90 Watts. You would gain more than that by upgrading from RG58 to RG-213 coax!
  • Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    My Flex Station.

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    NICE.  I wish my desk was that de-cluttered
  • Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018

It doesn't stay that way, its freshly cleaned for the picture.

• Bill-W9OL
    Bill-W9OL Member
    edited October 2016
    More than willing to help you Tim....

Simply send all your desk full of Flex stuff and computer stuff to me.
    When I get it neat....I'll send it back......
    Promise....
  • Simon Lewis
    Simon Lewis Member ✭✭
    edited June 2015
    big screens .. available now ... they are just stacked using video cards and multiple monitors .. .I've built video walls for clients already ... you can buy frameless monitors too :) Now .. this is the way I'd love to see things go .... https://www.microsoft.com/microsoft-hololens/en-us I am building a new house and already thinking how I can technology enable my new shack via IP :)
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    The Flex "stuff" is neatly installed on a rolling rack. The stuff on my desk is administrative "junk".  Believe me, you can have it ;-)
  • Mark
    Mark Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Just now saw your post!  Very impressive and is fruit for much consideration at my own station.  Thanks very much!  See it was posted about 3 years ago - I hope it is still working well for you!  73.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    The Shack is considerably messier now!

I have since sold the 1500, since software updates for the 6500 made it unnecessary.  I haven't gotten around to building the "stacks" like Howard has.  Someday I will.  I had hoped by now to have built a new corner desk based upon plans I drew up using a single piece of 4 x 8 plywood and supporting 2x2 & 2x4 wood.  But I haven't had time to play with that......

I have added my tower and Tennadyne T-11 Log Periodic at 38 ft. and have hung an 80 Meter OCF dipole and 160 Meter Inverted 'L' from the tower.  So the shack desk has another antenna switch and rotor control box on it.  The 2 Meter station has temporarily been removed from the desk, pending another reorganization.  Just as the Flex radio, my shack is constantly being revised and updated with new features....

What hasn't changed, only expanded, is the fun I am having being on the cutting edge of Amateur radio technology.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.