Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

LoopA and LoopB in Panadapter.cs

James Whiteway
edited May 2020 in SmartSDR API
Looking thru Panadapter.cs I find the above listed and cannot find what they connect too.
(meaning what value(s) they return to the client, if any. So far, I can get the StreamID, LowdBm,
HighdBm and the bandwidth of the current panafall. But, still cannot find the actual arrays of data for the panadapter itself.(and I can set LowdBm, Center Frequency, HighdBm, bandwidth etc. just fine) In Vita.VitaFFTPacket.cs there are several things that look like they should return the values I'm looking for. But, I cannot seem to get the syntax right to get them.
And "intellsense" in Visual Studio (2010 in this case) does not show several things that appear in VitaFFTPacket.cs at all. So, I'm thinking that what I am seeing there is private to that class and not readable. (at least not in the format that I think I need)
 So, still stumbling around a bit. What a fun way to spend Father's Day! Hope everyone had a good day with family and friends.
james
WD5GWY

Answers

• Stu Phillips - K6TU
    Stu Phillips - K6TU Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    James,

LoopA and LoopB refer to the filter/preamp loops that exist on each SCU - one (A) on the 6500, two (A + B) on the 6700.  There is no loop on the 6300.

If you enable the loop (set to 1), the antenna signal is routed out via loop out on the rear panel and back in via loop in.  I don't know whether the loop is before or after the bandpass filters - I am guessing before (and probably likewise the protection diodes).

I'm not familiar with C# (other than code reading FlexLib ;-) but it looks to be that you have to set yourself as a delegate of the Panadaptor stream (DataReadyEventHandler) which is called when a full panadaptor frame is ready for processing.  Its called from Panadaptor.cs via (I think) the DataReady event being triggered with the Pan object and the array of pan data.

Stu K6TU
  • James Whiteway
    edited June 2015
    Thanks Stu, I kind of figured that Panadapter.cs did not have everything I needed to get the additional pan info. I'll keep plugging along!
    james
    WD5GWY

• Stu Phillips - K6TU
    Stu Phillips - K6TU Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    James.

The Panadaptor does have everything you need - however, you do need to be able to set your client as the delegate for the panadaptor to call when data arrives.  Sorry I can't help you further with how to do that in C#.

However, you might take a look at this documentation from Microsoft...

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa288459(v=vs.71).aspx

Stu K6TU 
  • James Whiteway
    edited June 2015
    My bad Stu, I reread what you said and see you pointed me in the right direction. Eric confirmed what you said as well, in another thread. I will read the document you linked to. Maybe, I will get it then. Thanks for not giving up on me! james WD5GWY

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.