Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Headset/Mic for 1500

I wonder what, if any, is/are the preferred headset/mic/s
for use with a 1500, i.e. a plug and play?

Mike, NA5U

Answers

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Mike. I use the Yamaha CM500 headset, I think it is great. It has a wonderful mic with a wide response. and the price is hard to beat.
  • Mike NA5U/K5D/K1N
    edited June 2015
    Bill,
    Thanks so much! The CM500 seems to be a favorite for many. I'll be getting on on order.
    Mike
  • Chris - KC5IIE
    edited June 2015
    I use a Heil ProMicro with the Yaesu adapter, I also own a cheapie (AudioComm) I bought on eBay I use with a W2ENY adapter, both work great. Interesting enough, I seem to get more praise about my audio when using the cheapie :). The key is to spend ample time adjusting your eq no matter which mic you choose
  • Andrew VK5CV
    Andrew VK5CV Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017

The Heil BM-10 HC5 works well with a bit of EQ. The latest model might need a bit more. Lower sensitivity of the earpieces is better as there is some amp hiss audible with the more sensitive ones.

• Mike NA5U/K5D/K1N
    edited June 2015
    Fellows,
    Thanks for all the the great information.
    Mike, NA5U

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.