Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 1500 and RTTY

I am a new Flex user. I have a 1500 to start with and learn the basics while deciding on which 6000 to buy. I am also a RTTY devote. Are there any primers on using Flex and RTTY, preferably FSK? Thanks for any help.

Answers

• Walt
    Walt Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    There is no FSK mode for the 1500 - and Flex has been quiet as to when they will have FSK for the 6000 series, so you will have to use AFSK with virtual audio cables for the 1500, and use DAX for AFSK for the 6000 series.  I use MMTTY in AFSK mode for both radios with audio tones to match the 1500 hz center audio frequency.

I am looking forward to having the 6000 series with FSK and RTTY type filters, but who knows when or if.  The only hope there is that they designated an FSK pin on the back of the 6000 series in the hardware book - but it is not implemented.

Will just have to wait for the future to see a final result.  Since the 6000 is a real CW machine, and they did not force CW operators to send a key tone down the audio modulation chain (you can guess how well that would have gone over with CW fans), I hope they will give the RTTY people a real carrier-shift, rather than those tones down the audio chain.

I have a lot of fun with the 1500. Small, portable, and fun to take places.

• Mike NA5U/K5D/K1N
    edited June 2015
    Walt,
    Thanks so much for the information! I am excited about the small package that is possible with the 15000 as well.
    Mike, NA5U

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.