Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How to: Setup N1MM+ for keying the Flex 6X00 via CWX

2»

Comments

• Steve Gw0gei
    Steve Gw0gei Member ✭✭
    edited January 2015

I had n1mmplus working fine with cwx and the above copied macros until today!

Preparing for rsgb afs cw contest tomorrow and upgraded to latest version of n1mmplus this afternoon. set up the right contest template but when I have tested the n1mmplus ky macros I am losing the first character of each macro eg gw0gei sends -, .--  rather than --. ,.--. Same in his call macro it sends nw4ble rather than gw4ble. 

Can someone else please check the latest version of n1mmplus and their macros for cwx keying to see if you also have same issue.

Anyone have any suggestions as to what I should look for next?  I cannot see any setting in cwx that would effect and cause the missing first character being sent.

thanks

Steve gw0gei

• EA4AK
    EA4AK Member
    edited May 2015
    Thanks Tom, the macro definitions for CWX work super !
    Problem solved, so far. We just need the CW CAT implemented more elegantly in a future SSDR release.

Great Sergey.. fantastic summary, Thanks. !!
    :)

Santos, EA4AK
  • N4FP
    N4FP Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020

I was told by someone at the Flex booth in Dayton that they have developed a new setup to integrate N1MM+ and the Flex 6X00 and that documentation should be available soon.  Anyone seen this?   I currently run N1MM+ on a separate computer with no integration with my 6300 and would like to fix that for Field Day with the latest, greatest.  Should I be running N1MM+ on the same computer I am running SDR and CAT?  Any advice will be appreciated.  

73, Wayne, N4FP

• Stan VA7NF
    Stan VA7NF Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017

The only thing that keeps the SSDR/N1MM+ computer near the 6700 is the USB->Serial->Keying transistor->6700 aux connector wire because neither DTR/RTS are not supported via Cat nor direct keying via TCP/IP. 

I hope this rumour is true and "test" code for the future Maestro keying is released in a few days. 

Stan
    FD Chair Surrey Amateur Radio FD (This year look for VE7SAR 3A battery QRP)

BTW (Hijack alert) Can future software turn off the A-B biased final and make the 6000 a QRP rig?

• Ken W6XB
    Ken W6XB Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I set up N1MM with the function key macros CAT1ASC to key the Flex 6700 remotely via Smart Link.  My N1MM is at the operator local site.  It keys the remote transmitter just fine, but there is no sidetone.  Is there a way to get a sidetone at the operator local site?  I really need to hear a sidetone to get a feel for what is sent.  The CWX generates a nice local sidetone.  I am using virtual COM4 and it tunes the Flex remotely very well and sends great CW, albeit with no sidetone.  How do I get that sidetone?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.