Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Skimmer and Profiles

George KF2T
George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
edited February 2019 in Third-Party Software
Good morning, all...
I notice that CW Skimmer (1.8) works really well, and stays in sync when switching bands IF I use the "Band" control in SSDR. If I use a Profile to change band, things go astray, and I have to re-start Skimmer to get frequency sync back. Confirmed that both profiles are identical except for band setting. Almost seems like the slightly longer delay in switching profiles hangs Skimmer.

Anyone else have a similar issue, or suggestion?

Using SDR-Bridge, too (1.1.3.118).

THANKS!

Comments

• Ed - W2RF
    Ed - W2RF Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    George,

I've confirmed that there is a problem when switching bands using a profile. It's not clear at the moment what's causing the problem. I'll get back here when I have more information. Thanks for the report!

73 Ed W2RF
  • Ed - W2RF
    Ed - W2RF Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    The problem appears to be due to the DAX IQ sample rate being changed to 48khz by the profile switch. This may cause the slice to be outside the 48khz bandwidth, which confuses Skimmer. We are looking into this further. Again, thanks for the report.

Ed W2RF
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    I have entered this problem report into our bug tracker for additional investigation. Thank you for the defect report.
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Thank you, gentlemen!

• DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    I always leave DAX IQ stream at 48k until persistence is resolved. CW Skimmer works quite well with 48k and you normally don't need more bandwidth for the CW bands.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.