Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Any plans (or even requests) for DTMF functionality?

Roy Laufer
Roy Laufer Member ✭✭
edited May 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
I realize that these days, DTMF is not as useful as it used to be, but it is still useful for remote control codes.

Has anyone suggested its inclusion somewhere down the road?

I understand that FRS would just be asking for headaches to list some "wish list" in public - they would be inundated with "are we there yet, are we there yet?" threads!

It's a shame that some non-FRS private user doesn't maintain a "wish list" of features that users have brought up and maybe the pertinent links to "Like" each particular feature.

Roy, AC2GS

Answers

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Hi Roy,
    I also like to keep up with the ideas ( or wish list).  This may not be perfect, but here is the way I have configured the main community screen to quickly access the list.

In the lower right the area titled "Share You Expertise" can be configured to show the ideas list.  I have it set to show all of them ever submitted and not yet implemented,  and in the order of most wanted first

To set it up -- Just CLICK on the verbiage to "view all **** conversations" and then CLICK on REFINE to set it up.

Once you set it up to show the ideas only, it will remember your preferences.  You can see below the parameters I have chosen.

Not perfect but works pretty well....I also have a request in to GetSatisfaction to let us add votes from this screen.  They are planning to add that feature but no date given. 

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

• Roy Laufer
    Roy Laufer Member ✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Great idea!

Maybe they can automate some kind of "Are we there yet?" inquiry with a button click? They could hook it up the same way that they have "Push button to cross" buttons at some crosswalks in NYC<grin>?

Roy, AC2GS

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.