Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Introducing Maestro!

Comments

• EA4AK
    EA4AK Member
    edited May 2015
    remote dream machine !!!

• Simon Lewis
    Simon Lewis Member ✭✭
    edited May 2015
    will you be able to run the panel and remote to an additional remote PC??

• EA4AK
    EA4AK Member
    edited May 2015
    my facebook "Maestro" photo album: https://goo.gl/IN0F2p  (log-in to facebook to see it)
  • Steve-N5AC
    Steve-N5AC Community Manager admin
    edited December 2016
    Yes, one will be present at Friedrichshafen.
  • Steve - KD8QWT
    edited February 2017
    Will it work with waveform apps, like FreeDV?
  • I0JBL - Luc
    I0JBL - Luc Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    I realize that today is the worse day to pose this question (Dayton Hamfest opening) last year in F.Hafen I meet Greg K5GJ and he told me about the imminent release of an interface to control amplifiers and dynamic antennas (SteppIR, Ultrabeam etc.).
    Maestro is very interesting device but I think that without the creation of this other interface is impossible to quit from computer (that would be my dream).
    There is some information about the production of this useful object (PA, SteppIR and control)?
    Thanks and good DX
    Luciano, I0JBL
  • Barry N1EU
    Barry N1EU Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Congratulations to FlexRadio - this product is truly an SDR game changer and will recruit a whole new market segment into the SDR fold!

73, Barry N1EU
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Excellent and much anticipated offering.  

Will greatly look forward to putting one into use!

Hoping the operating temperature range is portable friendly.

Had a couple quick questions I didn't spot answers to in the release information:
    • Is a projection of the optional battery life available?
    • What type of battery will it be (hoping for a travel/shipping friendly chemistry)?
    • Will the battery be chargeable while in the Maestro?
    • Is the jack configuration fairly well established?
    • Will the jacks be accessible if flush mounted?
    • Will the screen be capable of wide viewing angles?
    Very cool and the pre-orders must have been roaring in as I had to wait a bit to place mine.

Steve
    K9ZW
  • Gerald-K5SDR
    Gerald-K5SDR FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    We are taking several to the booth right after breakfast.
  • Gerald-K5SDR
    edited December 2016
    Is a projection of the optional battery life available? ---up to 6 hours What type of battery will it be (hoping for a travel/shipping friendly chemistry)? --LiPo Will the battery be chargeable while in the Maestro? --yes Is the jack configuration fairly well established? --it will change slightly from what is shown in the preliminary brochure. Will the jacks be accessible if flush mounted? --no, you will need a VESA mount for wall mount Will the screen be capable of wide viewing angles? --yes, it has a high def IPS display
  • W4WHL
    W4WHL Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Well this is exactly what I was hoping for.  Its a bit pricey, but that depends whats under the hood as far as processing power.

What is under the hood exactly?  As in processing power etc? 

I placed my pre-order and eagerly await Q4

William
  • Steve-N5AC
    edited December 2016
    What is under the hood exactly?  As in processing power etc?  

Well it's not a development platform so I really don't want to get into the specs discussion too much, but instead say that we picked a processor sufficient to run Maestro with good performance.  The display is a 1280x800 WGXA IPS 8" capacitive touch display.
  • Steve-N5AC
    edited December 2016
    Yes!  This is why the waveform runs in the radio.  It appears to all client as "just another mode supported in the radio"
  • W4WHL
    W4WHL Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Ok fair enough :) 
  • Mark Griffin
    Mark Griffin Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    So more or less Maestro is a remote control for the Flex without having to worry about using a computer with SDR software? Or, must you have the computer on and running the SDR which then communicates with the Maestro? If it is the second, then it is a good way of having the Flex be a contest grade machine. Not to say that it wasn't before, but I know with the DX Club I belong to, that they did not feel that it was a contesting machine like the K3.
  • Lee - N2LEE
    Lee - N2LEE Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    EXCELLENT !  My hats off to you for this move. This is exactly the right direction for Flex and sets the bar for all other SDR systems. In my opinion this shows foresight and leadership and exactly where the industry is headed.

You will most likely take some hits on the pricing but for first horse out of the gate I think you guys hit a home run.

Thanks !!!
  • Gerald-K5SDR
    edited December 2016
    Everyone should download the brochure PDF, which covers a lot of the questions being asked in this thread. Maestro does not require a PC to operate. You have the option of running of running DAX on a PC on the LAN if you like for digitial modes. Example would be MTTY and 2 Tone for contesting.
  • Mark Griffin
    Mark Griffin Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Gerald,
    I guess I will have to wait and see the video demonstrations for the Maestro. I am not a Flex owner as of yet, but soon to be. So I will be anxious to read about how people will be integrating the Maestro into their particular stations.

I'm sure your booth will be swamped today!!!
    Mark Griffin, KB3Z
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    I have a couple of questions of my own. 
    1. I wonder if I can use concurrently the PC and the Maestro. In a contest scenario I think the Maestro will be invaluable! But I also would like to use a bigger display without losing the convenience of the buttons.
    2. DDUtil does a ton of things in my radioshack, most importantly, it sends band data to the amplifier so it automatically switches bands and tuning parameters when I change bands on the flex. It also adjusts the power output when the amp is operational. DDUtil requires a PC to run connected to the Flex. Is there a plan to provide the functionality that will allow us to not have to have a PC running side by side with the Flex if we want to use Maestro?
    3. If I have 2 Series 6000 Flex radios... I should be able to run one with a PC and another one with the Maestro... right? If that is the case... how does DAX and CAT work... will there be other instances of those programs running per Flex radio?
    Thanks for delivering a new and exciting product!!

• rfoust
    rfoust Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    lol yeah when I first saw that $100 price, I almost tripped over myself pulling out my credit card... then I noticed it was just for the deposit. ;-)
  • Paul Christensen, W9AC
    Paul Christensen, W9AC Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019

Looks fantastic.  Is there a link to the downloadable brochure?  Tnx!

Paul, W9AC

• Steve W6SDM
    Steve W6SDM Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Uh oh.  He needs something to show his wife.  :)
  • Steve - KD8QWT
    edited March 2017
    I touched it! Very impressive.
  • Ted_Spiegel_NX6C
    Ted_Spiegel_NX6C Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
  • Peter K1PGV
    Peter K1PGV Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Alright, I'll admit it:  I'm both totally surprised and impressed.  I have exactly zero need for this, but I want one nonetheless because it's so darn cute.

Bravo.

Peter
    K1PGV
  • Beppe IK3VIG
    Beppe IK3VIG Member
    edited May 2015
    A simple but effective use of Maestro:

- Maestro tunes and listens on SSB band
    - the other band DAX on PC for digitals or Skimmer

• rfoust
    rfoust Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    My thoughts exactly.
  • Charles - K5UA
    Charles - K5UA Member ✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Hallejuah brother!!! Knocked off at least three birds with one stone..... 1. Freedom from Windows 2. Knobs for us "knob-a-holics" 3. Transportable remote device
  • rfoust
    rfoust Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    You touched it?  Give us details! ;-) How did the knobs feel? Screen quality? Responsiveness?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.