Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Tune power indication with SmarSDR v1.4.11

Bernie
Bernie Member
edited January 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows
I am running SmartSDR v 1.4.11 on Windows 7 with a 6700.  In the radio setup page I have the Tune Power set to 10 Watts.  However when I select Tune the 6700 does indeed deliver 10 Watts, but the Power Slider continues to indicate 100% while in the Tune state.

I believe someone else mentioned this.

-73-
Bernie
W4BGH

Comments

• Jim K4JAF
    Jim K4JAF Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018

Your observation with the tune control is correct.  The tune pwr bar indicates the tune power, the above RF power is the power of the radio in a mode other than tune.  I think it has always been this way if my memory is correct.  Jim K4JAF

• Gary L. Robinson
    Gary L. Robinson Member ✭✭
    edited February 2016
    One of the reasons I find the TUNE power and and RF Power useful is that when I want to tune my SB-200 tube amplifier for a band - I want to start out tuning at a low power level of 5 watts to get the load and tune controls on my amp close before I run it at full 30 watts (all I need to drive my amp to 600w PEP).

Meanwhile, I can just leave my RF Power control on SmartSDR at 30 because when I go to SSB mode (or other modes) it will use THAT 30w  power level and get me my 600w  PEP.

And then I set my TUNE power back a bit if I need to retouch the tuning quickly without overheating my 572b tubes too much - saves the tubes and elongates their life.

The Tune and RF power is the same as it was in PowerSDR and is useful. Just like Jim said - the RF power control is for when you go into a mode OTHER than tune.

---Gary WB8ROL

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.