Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Record and playback audio question(s)

Gary L. Robinson
Gary L. Robinson Member ✭✭
edited March 2017 in SmartSDR API
From playing with my Flex 6300 for about 10 days now, I know that when I use the record button on an open slice that it records a file TO the transceiver - not to the local operating system that SmartSDR is running on.

Is there currently any functions, class members, or properties in FlexLib concerning the recording or playback of audio files?  Is there currently any facility in FlexLib to copy an existing audio file from the 6300 to the local computer where SmartSDR is installed - or to copy a file from local hard disk to the 6300 and replace the current recorded current file?

I suspect the answer is NO to all the above questions at least for now.  I did see a post by W4TME saying possibly an export function may be added to SmartSDR in the future.  But is there code already in FlexLib for someone to do that themselves?

---Gary WB8ROL

Answers

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Hi Gary,
    On a related idea posting, I asked whether the LAN / WAN remote enhancements would make it easier to capture and store the audio files directly on the PC side.

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/black_box_recording_add_a_looping_option_to_the_rec...

That seems like another option and might be less complicated than transferring the files.....

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

• Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    The functionality in FlexLib matches that of SmartSDR today for the Record and Playback feature.  It would be nice to have import/export functions added and I expect we will do this, but it hasn't come to the top of our list just yet.  Please do look over the idea section here on the community and vote up the ones you'd like to see as this helps inform us of what the community as a whole would most like to see.
  • Gary L. Robinson
    Gary L. Robinson Member ✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Thanks Eric! I'll check out the idea section.
  • Jerry W4UK
    Jerry W4UK Member ✭✭
    edited September 2015

I looked for the "idea" section but can't find it. Where is it?

Jerry

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Hi Jerry,
    Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.