Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Any news about the progress of v1.5?

2»

Answers

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    It's like "Deja Vu ALL OVER AGAIN"
  • Michael - N5TGL
    Michael - N5TGL Member ✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Jay,

Read this bit closely as it exactly answers your question:
     We are not likely to call the release v1.5 until we believe we've finished this work, but we will release functionality as we have it completed.  So you'll see a series of v1.4.x releases as we do this work.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I think for the most part, most of us know whats going on, just a few guys having some fun with Steve....
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Valid question from Takeshi, properly answered by Steve.
    Looking forward to any and all new versions of the software. 
  • Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited April 2015
    You are right Howard.
    I am just ignoring this subject.
    How is the water shortage in your State. we are getting plenty of rain in FL.  Will start sendng water to CA on plastic jars soon!  LOL
  • DK1EY
    DK1EY Member ✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Rick, Walt & Bill,

here is the idea: Implement a real ATU function in 1.4 which is marked as "Planned".

So, we still have a good chance to get that feature!

VY73
    Tom
    DK1EY
  • DK1EY
    DK1EY Member ✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Rick, Walt & Bill,

here is the idea: Implement a real ATU function in 1.4 which is marked as "Planned".

So, we still have a good chance to get that feature!

VY73
    Tom
    DK1EY
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Dan, you likely need to reread what I wrote.
  • Rick Zach K1RJZ
    Rick Zach K1RJZ Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Ca'mon guys, give FLEX peoplea break and save this for some valid Q&A.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Lol. Rick, were you not one of the ones asking? I may have asked myself but I have been bumped around to much lately....
  • Rick Zach K1RJZ
    Rick Zach K1RJZ Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Like I said, valid Q&A on specific features I could not find in other places, not wideband comments and noise just weeks after a release.
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    +1, someone else realizing this whole forum is almost nothing but noise, which makes it incredibly low S/N. (not to put words in your mouth Rick)

I realize the vast majority of the people on here are not software people. If they were they'd know part of Agile (the development process) is you don't know what you are shipping until pretty much right before you ship. Some things you are working on just don't make it into the release. Further, the team never commits to the outside world anything, for a given release.

In the commercial world, if you, as customer, wanted your pet idea to be part of the next release, you ponyed up the money for engineering to hire more staff. I don't see anyone on here taking out their check books. But, again, it's just people who want what they want when they want it and will throw a colossal temper tantrum if they perceive they might not get it in a time frame they expect it in.  Then the codependents follow suit. So for a month or two prior to an anticipated release there is this huge CF on here. When I said, "and so it starts", that's what I was referring to, it has started for this next release.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.