Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Constant Amber/Orange Light while powered on - red when powered off?

Rob (N4RLM)
Rob (N4RLM) Member ✭✭
edited December 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows

Hi all,

The Flex team has been very prompt in providing a RMA for my new 6300 which exhibits the following behavior.  Before I send it out, I wanted to reach out to the community and double check this isn't a config issue on my end (user error).  Here's the behavior:

OFF = LED stays red
ON = LED stays orange
Transmit = LED is red

Despite this, all functions and transmit appears to be ok - with typical signal reports I would expect with my config.  No XVTR in use or configured, etc...  Factory reset done twice.

Any ideas before I drop it off for shipping next week?

Thanks!

Rob

Comments

• Richard
    Richard Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Okay... ON = Green, TX= Red, OFF = Orange. All happened since the 1.4 Upgrade. Radio seems to work fine. Let me know if I need to contact Flex.
  • RoyS
    RoyS Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Rob and Richard,

This is not normal for the 6300.  
    Rob - Since you already have your RMA, send your unit in.
    Richard - File a problem ticket with FRS and they will advise you what to do.

Roy - W5TKZ 
  • Richard
    Richard Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Roy,

I have submitted a ticket.  Interested to see what they come back with.  As you and others have noted the Power Light - Amber/Orange when off does not seem to show up as any problems with the radio.  Yes I am having problems setting up Radio or Computer to do Remote but thinking that is how I have my computer / network set up.

Regards es TNX,
    **** - WB4VMH
  • Steve-N5AC
    Steve-N5AC Community Manager admin
    edited February 2017
    Rob,  It would help diagnosis to see a picture of each LED color if that's not too hard to do.
  • AA0KM
    AA0KM Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017

I was playing with remote yesterday and found the Amber light on too.

Here is the answer that worked for me. The remote was on in the setup panel. Once that is switched off the 6500 shuts down correctly

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/i_have_orange_light_on_power_switch_when_dc_is_applied_to_6300_or_when_i_power_off_is_this

• Richard
    Richard Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    I just turned off the remote setting on the radio set up screen. Then turned off the 6700. The light turns OFF. obviously it has something to do with the remote setting on the radio setup window.
  • AA0KM
    AA0KM Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016

Glad it worked for you. Just noticed it this am. And here I am in the forums and found this post what a coincidence LoL.

73 Jeff

• Rob (N4RLM)
    Rob (N4RLM) Member ✭✭
    edited April 2015

Thanks Steve.

Orange/Amber - when the radio is turned on

• Rob (N4RLM)
    Rob (N4RLM) Member ✭✭
    edited April 2015

Red when turned OFF (no fan operation, turned completely off, power supply on):

• Rob (N4RLM)
    Rob (N4RLM) Member ✭✭
    edited April 2015

And since the remote on was cited in replies, I double checked and Remote On is Disabled.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.