Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SSDR GUI - AGC-T level isn't updated

IW7DMH, Enzo
IW7DMH, Enzo Member ✭✭
edited February 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows
Hello,

I found tha SSDR GUI doesn't update AGC-T slide when another client switch the AGC level from [HIGH/MID/LOW] to OFF and viceversa.

Can you confirm this?

73' Enzo
iw7dmh

Comments

• Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I am also observing this behavior. The SmartSDR UI slider to the right of the AGC mode setting does not update when a FlexAPI client changes the mode setting. It should update to correct AGC level setting of AGCOffLevel or AGCThreshold.
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    I don't think it even saves that setting at all. If I have the AGC set to fast and the threshold set to 30, and switch bands the AGC-T jumps to 65 or 70.  I believe the AGC-T should:
    1) autoset to the noise floor
    2) in the absence of that to some low number like 30, not 65-70.
  • Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2015

Each band saves its own AGCMode, AGCOffLevel and AGCThreshold so switching bands is not what this thread was referring to.

An option to auto set AGC threshold upon band a switch sounds appealing

• Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Thanks Mark. Yep, that is on the list for S(er)SDR. I am working through what it would require to, before any screen draw, compute the noise floor and only display signals that exceed it so rather than a sawtooth pattern it would simply be a series of vertical lines of various thickness reflecting where signals were. Not as sexy as girating saw teeth but way less invasive on the GPU and way more tolerant of bad connections, lost packets. I will make the waterfall optional as well.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    I have entered this report into our bug tracker for further investigation.  Please report any additional information related to this specific issue in this community topic.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.