Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6300 and ARRL FMT

I am a new owner of the Flex 6300 (about 1 month). I am involved with Frequency Measurement and decided to try the ARRL FMT on April 11, 2015. I initially measured the frequency of the 6300 using WWV and SpectrumLab software.. I found an error of about 6 Hz. I corrected that and let the equipment warm up for over 8 hours. To make a long story short, I received my results and the measurement on 80, 40 and 20 meters. My worst reading was -0.61 Hz on 20 M. The other 2 readings were: -0.31 Hz on 80 M and -0.17 Hz on 40 M. I am a happy guy after choosing the Flex. I use it on WSJT, use my ACLog logging program and of course CW and SSB.. It is a fantastic radio. Bob - N8OB

Comments

• Lee - N2LEE
    Lee - N2LEE Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Bob, WWV is probably off frequency again. LOL

• Steve N4LQ
    Steve N4LQ Member ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Bob: You're going to have to do something about that drift! 
    Yes it's fantastic. Congrats. 
  • Ken - WA8JXM
    Ken - WA8JXM Member
    edited March 2017
    Does your 6300 have the GPS option or did you do it without it?

I suspect entries have improved since the days of the BC-221 :)
  • Bob Brown - N8OB
    edited February 2018
    I do not have the GPS option.  The BC-221 was great in its day but it's day is done. 
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    There isn't a GPSDO option for the FLEX-6300.  That is only for the FLEX-6500 and FLEX-6700.
  • k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Congratulations Bob...

I wanted to enter the FMT but missed the announcement... 

Checking the results pages most of the Flex users are sub-hertz accuracy - outstanding.
    The results also show the metrology involved.  With the contestants scores and metrology it's an interesting and informative read.

One can check the local AM stations.  Some locals are off several cycles, perhaps I should let them know. 

Enjoy your new rig...

k3Tim

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.