Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6300 Hangs up when it gets above 54.5MHZ

Dennis Terry W4SG
Dennis Terry W4SG Member ✭✭
edited March 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
I am new to SDR and have a fairly new 6300 using SmartSDR 1.4.3.  When I start dragging the Panadapter looking for signals, if I go really fast, the Panadapter goes above 54.5MHZ and crashes requiring a forced power off.  Even if I reload SmartSDR, the radio still does not respond and must be powered off..
If I go slower, the Panadapter stops at 54.5Mhz and does not crash.

Is this known? Tnx, W4SG Dennis

Comments

• Wayne G. Brown
    edited April 2015

Just tried it and my new Flex 6300 running 1.4.3 does the same thing at around 54.5.  It loses connection and the 6300 has to be shut down and restarted to continue.  Since the specification says the top of frequency range is 54.0 I don't consider this to be a significant problem.    

Wayne, N4FP

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Well that doesn't sound like it should do that.  I suspect we have too many tuning commands queued up that cannot be processed. This is most likely a defect and I have added it to our bug tracker for engineering to investigate.  Thanks for the initial report and the subsequent confirming report.
  • Luis Aguilar
    Luis Aguilar Member
    edited November 2016
    It happened to my new 6300 as well, I entered 54.6 and SmartSDR lost connection to the radio, a simple hitting the on/off switch didn't work, I had to turn off the power to the radio to get it back up. BTW, I know this is out of band, just testing the condition previously stated.
    Regards,
    de KN1W
  • Stan VA7NF
    Stan VA7NF Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017

May be related.  On a 6700 when tuning up from 73Mhz it stops at 74Mhz and will not move up to 136Mhz.

However when tuning down from 137Mhz the panadapter jumps to 73Mhz as soon as 136Mhz appears on the left making anything between 136Mhz and the upper limit of the panadapter un tunable.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.