Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

In setup window, GPS tab, GPS info fails to update

Patrick
Patrick Member ✭✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
 In the past versions of SmartSDR this used to happen, but could be fixed by uninstalling and install the GPS.  Noticed this morning that the Frequency error was not updating and that the time was almost 12 hours old.  I tried my solution to clear the problem but the uninstall button would not communicate with the radio. 

Comments

• Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Since it's been 3 weeks without a response.

1) is the antenna plugged in?
    2) is the antenna itself (end of coax) in a south facing windown?
    3) Is there a green light lite up (is the fan making a noise) OK, I was being tongue-in-cheek with that.
    4) is the light above the on/off switch green, amber (brownish), or blue.
    5) is the light above the on/off switch blinking or solid?

If the signal isn't locked I wouldn't expect there would be a freq error or time.

This is just an outside thought. I used to think by virtue of the first tab for the radio being enabled that all of them were enabled. The subsequent tabs are not valid unless the radio is selected and the Connect button is pressed.  By way of user experience if the information in the dialog (under a tab) isn't valid the tab should be disabled. That first tab should go from disabled to enabled by virtue of selecting a radio. All other tabs should be disabled until the radio is connected (connect depressed).

Since it has been 3 weeks, is there still an issue?

Walt - kz1f
  • Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Your a little late to the table, problem was solved.  Last versions of SmartSDR had a bad habit of doing this once or twice a year.  It took a full power down of the 6500. In the past a uninstall then install would clear the problem.  In this instance none of that was working.  By posting the problem I was hoping that it would trigger a response from other that might have the same experience.  In the end I knew that I would have to pull down the power to the radio.  Any way problem solved and so far in v1.4.3 I have not seen this crop up so.  I have no idea if Flex SW engineers touched this piece of the code or not. So we will see.  The Picture Avatar is me installing the GPS antenna on the roof in a perfect location.  Other then the minor problem I described the GPSDO works very well indeed.  I just wish that they would write a NTP server into SmartSDR,  But Flex has bigger fish to deal with. 

PS: I don't think that many people buy the GPSDO option, but I am rather **** about Frequency accuracy and time accuracy.  To many years working in a cal lab.

Pat
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Well, while I may have been late to the table, I was still the first to arrive. There is solice in that.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.