Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Fldigi User?

Tim - W4TME
Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
edited December 2019 in SmartSDR CAT
If you are an Fldigi user and have downloaded the new 3.22.x version of Fldigi, you should be aware that FlexRadio has provided updated RigCAT XML files for both SmartSDR and PowerSDR that take advantage of some of the expanded text fields.  You can download the new RigCAT xml files using this URL: http://www.w1hkj.com/xmlarchives.html

Answers

• Ted  WA3AER
    Ted WA3AER Member
    edited July 2015
    Tnx, Tim. I plan to upgrade Fldigi soon, and this info will prove most helpful. 73 Ted. WA3AER
  • K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Thanks Tim...  I like the little tag at the bottom of your message  "an update is in my immediate future" :-)
  • NX6D Dave
    NX6D Dave Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019

Tim ... would you elaborate on the changes?

• Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    Sure.  Fldigi has some expanded text fields that are populated by tag pairs in the XML file.  In previous versions, some of this text was deliberately truncated or shortened to fit the field.  Now that the fields are expanded, more descriptive text can be used.  Also the ordering of the RX filter selections was inadvertently backwards in smartsdr.xml so that was fixed too.

And, it you had not upgraded to Fldigi v3.21.78 (or greater) and had not previously downloaded v1.2.0 of the RigCAT XML files, then you were missing out on several CAT stability fixes which some Fldigi users seem to be having with SmarSDR CAT.  
    So upgrading to Fldigi v3.22.x and the latest RigCAT XML files should result in a better and more stable overall user experience.
  • George O'Brien
    edited December 2014
    Hi Tim,
    I saw the new FM mode listed.  I'm looking forward to SSDR v. 1.4 :-)
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    Man, you found the other capability feature I stuck in. ;-)
  • KD4Y
    KD4Y Member
    edited April 2015
    Thanks Tim for the File. You are a life saver. Now my PGM works
    great with Flex 1500. I will set up soon for the Flex 6500
    Herb/KD4Y
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    You are welcome, Herb
  • KM6CQ - Dan
    KM6CQ - Dan Member ✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Tim,
    When I go to get the XML file and click on SmartSDR it does not download. Instead I get this, "This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below."   Would you happen to have the xml file you could send me? Since website wont allows us to download it. Its been that way over a week. 

Thanks,    Dan KM6CQ
  • NX6D Dave
    NX6D Dave Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    You want to download the file, not open it in the browser.  How you do that depends on the browser you are using.  Many browsers support this via a context menu that opens when you right click the link.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.