Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Odd activity in the waterfall

Mike
Mike Member
edited April 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Odd activity  seen in the waterfall ignore the center freq I like to listen to the morons on 14.313 when im working on other stuff in the office.  The affect was observable from 3.0 mhz to about 24 mhz and lasted about 30 min.  The diagonal lines moved upward in freq slowly. This occurred approximately 1240 hrs central time, 1840 utc if ive done my math right.  Brand new flex 6500 only out of the box 3 days I have never had a waterfall before and am wondering what I was observing for future reference, link below for the image.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6B24ZUaNmsAZTNTQVNIelBXbHc/view?usp=sharing

Answers

• Reggie-k6xr
    Reggie-k6xr Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    I have seen that  from time to time but it never last long time so have disregarded it. don't know what it is!
  • Steve N4LQ
    Steve N4LQ Member ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Stuff like that can drive you crazy if you let it. I get some noise here that creeps up the band around 8 to 9 PM every night. Someone is using an appliance somewhere. One of these days I'm going to take my little SDR/laptop and go hunting for it. 
  • Ross - K9COX
    Ross - K9COX Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Welcome to the world of cheap switching power supplies...somewhere.
  • Mike
    Mike Member
    edited April 2015
    Looks like the "noise" is from two houses down.  The garage tattoo parlor, came back last night for about an hour while he was doing his buddies neck for a dirt bike.  God I love my neighbors. Get me outta this town home haha.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.