Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Equalizer panel not dimmed in DIGU and DIGL modes.

NX6D Dave
NX6D Dave Member ✭✭
edited December 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows

In SSDR 1.3.8, the eq panel would dim when the radio mode was set to DIGU or DIGL.  There were some bugs in this behavior related to persistence, but it worked most of the time.

In SSDR 1.4, I am unable to see this behavior any way I try it.  As far as I can tell, the DIGU and DIGL modes work, but there is no indication that the EQ has been taken out of the audio chain. I'm assuming the EQ actually has been taken out, but I haven't tested that.

I tried a full reset of the persistence database and restoration of the profiles with no effect.

Flex 6300, SSDR 1.4

Comments

• DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    One can also move the sliders in 1.4.0 in DIGU/L modes. I much preferred it greyed out.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    This is a visual defect.  As best as I can determine, the EQ is out of the signal path when DIGx modes are enabled and the slice is the transmit slice, but the buttons do not gray out.  I have entered this defect into our bug tracker for resolution.
  • NX6D Dave
    NX6D Dave Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Agreed completely Tim.  I never seriously considered that the EQ was in the signal path. A minor UI problem.
  • Ed.G
    Ed.G FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    This is a byproduct of changes that were made to the EQ in order to facilitate Remote Audio. 

Previously, there was a single EQ "block" within the radio that was processed inside an audio Codec chip. This architecture conflicted with remote audio since the audio would never make it to the Codec as it was being emitted through the network. In order to remove this limitation the EQ was moved from the Codec chip to each individual Slice's processing chain. This way, every Slice has it's own block and the EQ's effect can be heard through Remote Audio. 

Another benefit from this is that now you can have both USB/LSB Slices that have EQ applied and DIGU/DIGL Slices that do not. Previously, if you had a singe DIGU/DIGL Slice then the EQ was bypassed for all Slices. The visual side effect is that we no longer grey out the EQ controls when switching to DIGU/DIGL modes since they are still valid for any other voice mode Slices. Still, DIGU/DIGL Slices will NOT have any EQ processing applied to them.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.