Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex-1500 USB unknown device error, help needed

Options
RAF RAF
RAF RAF Member
Hi everybody.

My Flex-1500 suddenly stopped workning and PowerSDR was freezed, Since then I Have folowing problem:

First video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5WbevDVlz8
Shows behavior of my flex when It is connected to my laptop where flex was working well before it gets damaged. When I turn of Flex, it is discovered by windows good, I can powerup PowerSDR and use Flex. Its working good then, freq is good and stable, but if I close PowerSDR, turn off flex by switch on it, and turn It on again the Flex diode is not blue and Flex do not starting. I must disconnect powercord to make it poweron correctly. Please watch video.

Second video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ud-jPDsACc
shows behavior of my Flex when it is connected to clear (new) instalation of Windows and PowerSDR, where Flex was not connected never before. Windows is not recognizing device at all and again if I turn off flex by switch on it, and turn It on again theFlex diode is not blue and Flex do not starting. I must disconnect powercord to make it poweron correctly, but still it is not recognized. Please watch video.

I tried different certified USB cables, different USB ports on laptop and standalone PC (back ports also dont work when installation of Windows is new). On computers when Flex was installed before damage, all is fine. On computers when I want to install Flex as a new usage, the Windows is not recognizing USB connection to Flex.

Can anybody give me some advices what can I do with my equipment? Is any way to reset Flex to factory defaults by short cirquit any pins or a different hardware way?

Thanks a lot for any tips, Best 73 from SQ6PNP, Rafal, Wroclaw, Poland.

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Options
    "...if I close PowerSDR, turn off flex by switch on it, and turn It on again the Flex diode is not blue and Flex do not starting. I must disconnect power cord to make it power on correctly."

This is an internal processor deadlock issue.  The FLEX-1500 will need repair.  I would contact Norbert at the FlexRadio EU Service Center in Germany (frs-service-eu@t-online.de).  He should be able to get you fixed right up.
  • John
    John Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Options
    just a thought, did you install the flex software to its original path, or did you tell it where to install to ? Not sure if this could cause this type of a problem. Try flex service dept as mentioned above.
  • RAF RAF
    RAF RAF Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I tried both ways. Default path and custom path in installation. Both ways failed :(
  • RAF RAF
    RAF RAF Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Tim, can You write me an email to You? I tried to email You at YourCall@arrl.net but i got back my email with an server error. My email i mycall@gmail.com
    Thanks a lot. Rafal SQ6PNP
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Using my business e-mail is not the most effective way to assist you.  I recommend you submit a support ticket via our HelpDesk (http://helpdesk.flexradio.com/home) so one of our Support Engineers can assign you a case number and investigate the issue.

Opening a HelpDesk support ticket will ensure our highest level of customer service we can provide.  For details on how to submit a HelpDesk support ticket, please refer to the following URL: http://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-us/articles/202118688-How-to-Submit-a-Request-for-Technical-Supp... 

Once the support ticket is submitted, a support engineer will be in contact so we can work on the issue. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.