Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Crackle V1.4

Ian1
Ian1 Member ✭✭
edited May 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Guys

My perception is there is a
crackle in the receive audio that was not the 1.3 version of the software mostly it occurs at higher volume levels while I am hunting very faint DX stations.

Ian

Comments

• WA2SQQ
    WA2SQQ Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    If anything, 1.4 is much better. You may have some local condition that is causing something.
  • Ed_NZ1Q
    Ed_NZ1Q Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Ian, I've heard the crackle you describe on the "phones" front jack output at high volume. Fortunately, I don't need to run the level that high, but it was there. I will look at it further and check the speaker output too.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    If you have the AF gains turned up very high, you may hear an occasional audio distortion product like a crackle.
  • Ian1
    Ian1 Member ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    There is a definite crackle associated with my DX equalizer setting.

Volume level is 75 and the gain on Med at 78 produces it.

The previous 1.3 did not do this.

Ian
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    The EQ adds AF gain if frequencies are boosted.  The EQ was re-factored in v1.4.0 so it is different than in 1.3.8.  You may have to adjust the EQ settings to a different values.
  • Ian1
    Ian1 Member ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Tim the latest software update just fixed the Crackle issue so it's job well done.

Ian

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.