Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Don't Flex & Drive

K6OZY
K6OZY Member ✭✭
edited April 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
Flex while stuck is completely acceptable. I was headed up to the Prescott area tonight and packed my laptop that I setup with my VPN solution. On the way up, there was a major accident on I-17 followed by a Car-B-Que that shutdown the freeway for two hours. Luckily I had strong LTE coverage where I was stopped. Out pops the laptop and I started working on the CQ contest tonight. Now that's agility! image

Comments

• Simon Lewis
    Simon Lewis Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    I like it!!!
  • Ross - K9COX
    Ross - K9COX Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Now that is cool (excuse the old expression)!
  • Dave - W6OVP
    Dave - W6OVP Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Sounds like fun, Elmer. Were you running a FLEX mobile, or remote or ??? More details please. Hope you have more space for an antenna in Prescott (where I used to live when it was still part of the wild west.)  -Dave
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Now that is brilliant. The motorway that circles London (M25) is more like a car park a lot of the time and I may copy your example.
  • WBB
    WBB Member
    edited April 2019
    Can u tell the Rea of us how to do same What program, etc Thx
  • Dan -- KC4GO
    Dan -- KC4GO Member
    edited March 2018
    Here I was thinking I was going to put it in my RV and use it mobile this year, 6500 in the back and PC in the Front with a headset. Like chatting 40 while driving...  Now you tell me no Flexing and Driving :)

• K6OZY
    K6OZY Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    I am running SmartSDR natively on the laptop.    I routinely use 1.4 remotely over VPN.  It's the best way to get our 2.0 WAN setup while we wait:

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/unsupported-wan-over-openvpn-howto-pfsense-firewall

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.