Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

May I ask for some VPN assistance?

W1IMD
W1IMD Member ✭✭
edited March 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows
Fellow Flexers,

I am trying to get my 6700 remoted via a VPN connection using a microTik Routerboard. I have asked the tech support company to set up the VPN to allow the UDP discovery packet to be sent to my remote computer but they seem to be having a hard time figuring out what needs to be done.

Are any of you familiar with this router that might be able to help me in steering them in the right direction?

And if I might come to the well a second time, I am trying to set up a SonicWall TZ series router for a friend. Same issue. Any thoughts?

Answers

• Bob - W7KWS -
    Bob - W7KWS - Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Paul, I plan to try this but I'll need to get my VPN running again before proceeding. In the mean time, my thoery is to not use discovery but to address the 6000 direcyly with it's internal IP address (192.168.x.x). With an end to end VPN, my remote client PC should end up in the same address space as the LAN &, therefore, the Flex. Don't forget to set your router to assign the same IP address to the Flex's MAC address. You don't want to loose the Flex. Hi! Bob, W7KWS

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.