Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Optimum sample rate setting for MMTTY

Stu Phillips - K6TU
Stu Phillips - K6TU Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in New Ideas
With thanks to Tim W4TME for the pointer...

To get optimum decoding of RTTY signals using MMTTY, set the sample rate on the Setup dialog (Option Menu, Setup MMTTY), Misc tab to 12000 when using DAX from the 6000 series radios.

12000 is a direct sub-rate of the DAX 24000 sample/sec rate and generates significantly better decodes in weak signal situations than the default 11025 rate.

Stu K6TU
2 votes

Open for Comments · Last Updated

Comments

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited June 2020
    Thanks for this tip Stu! Dave,wo2x
  • rfoust
    rfoust Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Ya know, I really haven't done much with RTTY...ever.  Thanks to your post, I may have to take a look at it again. :-)  Too many things to play with and not enough time.
  • Bob-N4HY
    Bob-N4HY Company Adviser
    edited September 2018
    The resampler is poorly designed. This not uncommon and ultimately easily fixed.
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    OT (sorry). Can somebody please explain why MMTTY is so popular when something like Fldigi is being actively developed?
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    History and Tradition plus pure cussedness

Ham's have been using MMTTY for a very long time.
    It's hard to teach an old dog new tricks.

All the other Cliches apply
  • Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Guy, i cant talk about Fldigi but i know there is a difference between all the digital decoders. If you check internet you will found some compare sheets. Many RTTY contester for example use 2 or 3 different decoders at same time! Clean and strong signals can decode every rtty soft decoder. MMTTY is a standalone tool or a module that can be used in many Logging soft like DX4WIN, Writelog, N1MM, RCKLOG ......

Till today i have never used Fldigi in RTTY and dont no if any had done a compare to any other RTTY soft.
    I will try as next also Fldigi  - but it must have a interface with logging soft. Means a decoded callsign must be shown in my logging input windows without any mouse click.
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    MMTTY is used as an engine on the most popular loggers.  In this regard it a very thin well regarded application.  There are others being developed, another thin RTTY engine being used now is called 2Tone.  Its not unusual to see a RTTY contester decoding with both MMTTY and 2Tone for added accuracy.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.