Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

PA Temp readings

James Whiteway
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR API
Somewhere I read a post by Steve that detailed the changes in Flexlib api that corrected the value returned from the api when reading the PA temp. Try as I might, I cannot find that post!
So, I'm hoping someone, (Steve maybe) has the correct method to read the meter with v1.4 of the api. Currently, using my testbed program, I get a reading of 5,180 degrees F ! Of course, that's using a workaround that was posted in the API section that corrected erroneous readings that the previous version of the api returned.
Any leads?
:-)
james
WD5GWY

Answers

• K1FR
    K1FR Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Hi James:  The value returned to your method will now be in degrees C.  No need for multiplier.  I have not done much to my flex app but will definitely look at that wiki.  73, Tom K1FR
  • K1FR
    K1FR Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Here is what I use - all I had to do was comment out the *64.0f multiplier:

private void radio_PATempDataReady(float data)        {
                Console.WriteLine(",,,,,,,,,,,PA Temp data event handler fired");
                float PA_temp_data = data;
                //PA_temp_data *= 64.0f;
                PA_temp_data = (PA_temp_data * 9.0f / 5.0f) + 32.0f;
                textPATemp.Text = String.Format("{0:f1}", PA_temp_data) + " F";

}

• James Whiteway
    edited March 2015
    works like a champ! So nice to have folks here that are willing to help.
    james
    WD5GWY

• Peter K1PGV
    Peter K1PGV Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Just for your reference, here's what I wrote for temp James:
            private void OnPaTempDataReady(float data)        {
                //
                // Need a multiplier to correct the value on 1.3.8
                //
                if (data < 1)
                {
                    data *= 64;
                }
                PaTempTextBox.Text = data.ToString("###0.00");
                //
                // At 70, fan goes to its highest setting according to Eric
                if (data >= 70)
                {
                    //
                    // The radio shuts down at 90!  So give 10 degrees warning.
                    //
                    PaTempTextBox.ForeColor = data >= 80 ? Color.Red : Color.Yellow;
                }
            }
  • James Whiteway
    edited March 2015
    Ohhhhhhhh, I like that! I'm assuming you're using Celsius instead of Fahrenheit for readout. So, I am thinking of making a selection where the user (me for now) can choose between degrees Celsius and degrees Fahrenheit. I think I can actually do that one !! hehehe
    Thanks again for posting Peter. Definitely adding this to the test app and my code snippet collection.
    james
    WD5GWY

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.