Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

CAT Error?

George KF2T
George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
edited February 2019 in SmartSDR CAT
Windows update this morning. Everything Flex was running great before; now this - CAT won't load, throws up a "Fatal Error." Anyone else seeing this? Windows 8.1 @ SSDR 1.4. SSDR and DAX running fine.image

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    George,  Have you reboot the computer after the (dreaded) Windows Update?
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Good morning, Tim. Yes, both the radio and computer. Did a reset on the radio, too. Checked firewall to confirm Flex apps are allowed through, deleted COM ports in Device Manager, rebooted again. Still no joy.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited March 2017
    Can you look at the update log and see if there was a .NET update?
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Doesn't look like it - just some security updates and generic "update for Windows 8.1" type things.

• Neil K2NF
    Neil K2NF Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    only win 8.1 update I got this morning was a Win Defender Virus definition. came in at 918 EST and posted in system at 919. no effect on CAT 1.4 from what I can see. I do have 2 generic updates in the update Q from December 2014 that I have not installed because they were marked non-critical
  • Neil K2NF
    Neil K2NF Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    only win 8.1 update I got this morning was a Win Defender Virus definition. came in at 918 EST and posted in system at 919. no effect on CAT 1.4 from what I can see. I do have 2 generic updates in the update Q from December 2014 that I have not installed because they were marked non-critical
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Interestingly, there is a .NET update in the queue, just wasn't downloaded. Trying it now. Hey, what could go wrong? ;-)
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    No guts, no glory...
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    ...And it worked! Go figure.
    Case closed. Resuming normal operation. Take the rest of the day off, Tim.

• Tim - W4TME
    edited March 2017
    WOO HOO!  That is what I like to hear!  BOO-YA!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.