Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Please allow deleting Default TX Profiles

Ken - NM9P
Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
edited June 2020 in New Ideas
Several have commented in other threads that it would be nice to be able to delete any or all of the "Default" TX profiles that are unneeded.

I certainly do not wish to "dump" on the FRS team, but here are my thoughts:

1) I LIKE the fact that there are several default TX profiles for several different mikes in order to give people a place to start formulating their own group of TX profiles.

2) I do NOT like the fact that they cannot be deleted once they have done their job.  It adds unnecessary clutter to the TX Profile pulldown.

3) It would be nice to be able to either "hide them" from the list or delete them altogether.

4) It would also be nice to be able to load them back from a standard file which is included in the SSDR software, or available as a download from the FRS website.

My reasoning is not so much for myself, but for anyone else I let use my rig who may be confused by the multiplicity of options in the TX Profile pulldown and select something wildly inappropriate for my mike and/or their voice.

This is not a big problem, and certainly not a demand, just an idea for continuing improvement of the GUI...eventually.

Thanks for all the hard work.

If anyone else thinks this would be desirable, please "Like" the thread.

Ken - NM9P
30 votes

Open for Comments · Last Updated

Comments

• George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    I agree. Hiding them, or having them in a backup place that can't be deleted or overwritten, makes sense. 
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I also agree, but would like the idea in point 4 to be extended to the Equaliser settings too.
  • Ian1
    Ian1 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Ken & George

This has been a issue I have as well I do wish the unneeded Microphones could be removed.

Shouldn't it be up to us to choose what to show in all Profiles Both Global and Transmit.

I second the EQ settings

Ian
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Hi Guy,
    TX EQ settings are already part of the TX profile.

I WOULD like to see RX EQ included into the TX profile, because When I work Phone, I would like to have my RX EQ preset and ready to go to enhance my receive audio on weak signals or poorly balanced signals to bring them out of the noise.  But when I am operating CW, I would like to have my RX EQ set with the 500 Hz all the way up and everything else all the way down in order to help emphasize the CW note of 500 Hz.  As it is, I must manually change all of those sliders every time I change from Phone to CW.  it is a PAIN.

An alternate, and possibly better possibility, is to link RX EQ to the mode, whatever it is, so that whenever the mode changes, the RX EQ settings change with it.
  • Corey/ KC0YNS
    Corey/ KC0YNS Member
    edited February 2017
    Ken,  You have my vote.
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    I like this idea :)
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    LOL let me be the first to add... we have 4 more profiles we cant delete with 1.4 :)  So the number climbs to 11 !  So hoping the add this to the next release as its even more important now.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Agreed.  It is VERY NICE that they added default profiles for additional mikes.  That is good customer service.
    It will also be very nice for experienced users to be able to delete them.  That will be good customer convenience.    As long as they can be recovered after an accident.  (;o)
  • Dan -- KC4GO
    Dan -- KC4GO Member
    edited November 2016
    I agree, that that we should be able to delete or hide the ones we wish as we desire. I have a Heil Headset therefor not likely to purchase a RadioSport, but if I do it would be nice to un-hide them.

Dan --- KC4GO
  • Ian1
    Ian1 Member ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Traveling on business so tell me can i edit 1.4 profile microphones?

Ian Just saw the above post Flex please allow us to edit this........... Ian
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Edit any profile and give it a new name.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    @Dan

I have two Heil Proset Headsets and a RadioSport

Once I started using the RadioSport, the Heils ended up in the junk box - i trot them out occasionally for second operator headsets for contests .. but everybody tries to grab the RadioSports... Might Have to get a second pair...
  • Rob Fissel
    Rob Fissel Member
    edited September 2015
    I second this, Ken. Persistent EQ RX/TX settings based on transmit profile (or even mode) would really be amazing. My changes to RX EQ that need to be made when I switch from sideband ragchew to let's say AM BCB DX using SAM are drastic, and it gets a little tiring to be constantly fiddling with it. 
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Yes.  As FRS continues to give us more and more conveniences, this has now become my biggest time-waster when switching band/modes.  When I go from SSB to CW I need to mouse to the RX EQ panel and change at least 5 different sliders in order to move from SSB enhancement to CW enhancement.  Then when I move back to SSB, I need to switch them all back.  It would be great if RX EQ settings were Mode persistent.. switching to a new value for each mode.    That would save me a lot of time.  I ALWAYS have CW RX EQ set with all sliders at bottom and the 500 Hz up to the top.  It adds a lot to signal readability. 
  • KC2QMA_John
    KC2QMA_John Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Yes it great to have some profiles for people to start with BUT it's annoying to have to see them if I'm never going to use them.
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    All the more reason for the next version of SSDR to concentrate on interface enhancements than contesting IMHO. From what I can see, the contesters do not seem to be having too many issues.

Each version of SSDR that I have used has had a smaller area over which the cursor can more a control making each version more picky to control than another.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    We have an enhancement in our database for improved profile management.  Thanks for the idea.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.