Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Project: ARTEMIS Identify unknown signals.

EA4GLI
EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
edited February 2019 in New Ideas
I was recently presented by a friend with this website. http://markslab.tk/project-artemis/
It is a very interesting open source project to be able to identify unknown signals.

From the website:
 ARTEMIS: is a useful aid for radio listeners: it allows to compare realtime spectra (from SDR waterfall for example) with those found in archives by comparison of the properties (such as frequency, bandwidth, modulation …) and verifying it through a sample image. A variety of filters allows you to narrow your search, facilitating the identification of unknown signals.
It would be great if we can collaborate to this and eventually incorporate it as a feature of SmartSDR. Imagine the software automatically detecting the type of signal based in its properties.

Comments

• DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    That would be so handy. When using digital modes (sadly most OMs do not use TxID - I use both TxID and RxID) by the time I have identified the mode and then speed the QSO participants have often moved on. Having auto-recongition of signals would be perfection and make SSDRs indispensable.
  • Dan -- KC4GO
    Dan -- KC4GO Member
    edited March 2018
    To many got ya's in the down load process... Think I'll pass --- don't like download managers and all the add on stuff...

Dan --- KC4GO

• DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    No managers, no issues with downloading (no gotchas), no malware alerts, no addons.

The only problem I had was the program stopping/crashing on loading
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    I have no affiliation with the website Dan.

I had no trouble downloading. I just tried again and I see that you get an ad which then, in 5 seconds, at the top right corner, a button shows up that reads SKIP. Once clicked the download of the .msi files starts.

I guess I got so used to using AdBlock and FlashControl on Chrome that I do not realize those ads because I don't see them.

Sorry if it caused you trouble Dan.
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Go into ABOUT

Click Check UPDATE
    It will then download the Database.

Once it has completed click on LOAD DATABASE.

Then it should work.

• DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Hi Salvador,

It won't load to get me that far. Crashes at the splash screen. I do like his other program, Poseidon,  which works fine.
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Odd, worked ok on mine. Using win 7 64bit.
  • Marco Dalla Tiezza
    edited March 2015
    Hi folks,
    im Aco (or Marco as you like) the creator of Artemis software. Sorry for past day trouble but crashes are now fixed (it was a strange libraries error of audio player).  For Dan: to download software click on download button, wait 5 sec and click on "skip". Software is free now and always will be (without any form of ads). When you download it following the passages explained above allows me to earn just enough to cover the costs of hosting (actually that little advertising is not enough to support the site, but the program remain forever free and without advertising).
    Thanks for artemis review on your site and your support. Any form of suggestion, bug report or new feature is always welcome on markslab.tk
    Cheers,
    Marco

• Dan -- KC4GO
    Dan -- KC4GO Member
    edited November 2016
    Marco,
               That worked downloaded your file without all the download managers and additional baggage. 
    I'll give it a run let you know. I have a 6500 and some time all four slices are monitoring something.
    I do a lot of utility listening outside Ham Bands...

Regards 

Dan --- KC4GO

• Marco Dalla Tiezza
    edited March 2015
    Hi Dan,
    I really appreciate your cooperation with your feedback. Let me know and thanks again.

Cheers,
    Marco
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Just to confirm that the latest release, 0.9.9 works fine here now.

Thanks Marco.
  • Marco Dalla Tiezza
    edited March 2015
    Hi G4DWV/4X1LT,
    no problem, but the latest version is now the 1.0.0 (0.9.9 has some problem with offline audio sample). In a few hour i'll release a new version with some fixes.
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Hi Marco,

I'll check that out. Would you be able to use the ham sites that have many samples of ham digital modes like http://www.w1hkj.com/FldigiHelp-3.21/Modes/index.htm to add more modes to Artemis?

• Marco Dalla Tiezza
    edited March 2015
    Artemis is based on sigidwiki site (a free wikia):  your suggestion is really interesting because some users on sigidwiki has proposed to add a lot of signal founded on web like fldigi website...so, the answer for your question is: yes. Every person can add signals on sigidwiki, hence sooner or later someone will import the library that you reported.
    Regards,
    Marco

• EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Thanks for the software Marco
  • Carlos
    Carlos Member
    edited February 2019
    some days ago can´t donload database. there are another site??? Seems that  http://markslab.tk/project-artemis/.is out.
    thank¨s
  • Marco Dalla Tiezza
    edited February 2019
    Hi Carlos,
    This is the old website! Check the new one: https://aresvalley.com/
  • Carlos
    Carlos Member
    edited February 2019
    Thank's Marco

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.