Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

1.3.8 Date format

DrTeeth
DrTeeth Member ✭✭
edited December 2018 in SmartSDR CAT
Is there any way to change the date format shown on the lower right of the SSDR screen? My PC is setup for the UK format but SSDR is displaying the American format?

If this is not currently possible, could you put it on the 'to do' list please?

If the 'z' could be made lower case too that would be icing on the cake.

TIA

Guy

Answers

• JB
    JB Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018

What you want the Month 1st? Flex is an American Company we left you Brits for a reason, stop requiring your former Colony to meet your needs. Next you will require all Flex Radios to drive on the Left (LSB) all the time. Sheesh. :-)

• DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Don't get be started... :-)))))))))

Most programs pick up the date format that is set in the operations system, even some American ones :-O!
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Hi Guy, I picked up the habit of using a date format that seems to avoid the confusion back when I was programming on DEC computers. The format is dd-mmm-yyyy using letters for the mmm part. Example 15-feb-2015. I use it any time I can. Especially on qsl cards and anything international. It has worked well for me over the years. Regards, Al /NN4ZZ
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Probably because that is the British format ;-); day, month, year whichever way you slice it LOL. The one that won't confuse is the one we are used to. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Date_format_by_country

You make a good point about QSL cards.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2018
    Guy - I added this as a defect in our bug tracker.
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Guy,
    Yes it works well for QSLs -- I even had my QSL back printed for the "Day Month Year"  format (hi hi).   And using letters for the month.  

• DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Thanks Tim. May I be *really* picky and request that the 'z' be lower case too? In upper case it merges with the numerals and makes the time slightly more difficult to read.
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    All you need to do is learn to spell properly and you'd be a true Brit, hi hi.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.