Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR v1.4 Update Posted

1234568»

Comments

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    FM-  it is a very deal for my 6M friends when there are openings...

I have FM in a mobile in one of my vehicles which I use to scan 6M and 10M repeaters in Southern California in case of an opening..

Frankly there are not that many openings.. the 6M and 10M repeaters are pretty quiet ...but lately so are the 2M and 440 Repeaters..  much more action on SSB, Digital and CW on HF.....

I suspect that FM might be much more interesting to use in Europe where you can actually work another country on 6M FM or 4M FM or 10M FM.
  • Steve W6SDM
    Steve W6SDM Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    What do you mean?  If it had went the other way, you'd have Obamacare.  :)
  • Steve W6SDM
    Steve W6SDM Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    Dean, as a conteter myself who uses a Flex SDR, I strongly discourage any other contesters from buying a Flex radio.  After all, the nature of contesting is competitive and I want to maintain the advantage.  :)
  • Dale KB5VE
    Dale KB5VE Member ✭✭
    edited February 2015
    Gerald love the look , cannot wait until I can configure the screen to show slices as I want ,mover the tools bars on and off at will, change colors of back ground and boxes, choose the type meter and style digital, analog or both. One step inter gratin of digital and logging programs, capabilities to interface with any automated equipment out there such as amplifiers and auto antenacoax tuners. Also remote over : lan,wan, tin cans , teletype, and smoke signals. Then I woukd really like artificial intelligence built in so I do not have to operate but just set back and less the contacts loved in. What I am saying there is enough things you can do in the future that the electronics in our equipment will become obsolete before you can say "It is done!" One thing you said did hit a nerve and that was about Fm has worked for a while, now I doubt I will ever use it and I know nothing about code writing (ask about banking , finance and factoring I will bend your ear and overload you with enough knowledge it will make you think I am a nerd" ) and you said if you released it you would offend the remote people (That's me remember) well in my business I know I cannot please all the people so why not release what is ready and shut some of these people and just maybe some of your biggest complainers will see the features are comming. I personally will probably never use regularly but it will be one more thing to mark off my list! Just my thoughts, I really wish you would have kept the beta tester program going like we did when the first radios were being developed, I really feel it was a positive and I miss being in the program. God speed and keep on chugging . Oh one more Modelnetics model: DONT PLANT MORE TOMATOES THAN YOU CAN CARRY WATER TO, THEY WILL ALL DIE!!!!
  • Steve Gw0gei
    Steve Gw0gei Member ✭✭
    edited February 2015
    Same here - happy to be one of the few rsgb contesters using a 6300 as their main radio. My poor pro3 is feeling very lonely sat on 4m with a mediocre transverter and knowing already that as soon as the high grade 4m Tvtr comes along in a few months time he will be finally packed up in its box and up for sale:-). Just don't tell any other uk contesters about the ssb filtering in the 6300 please!
  • k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    "If it isn't tested - it doesn't work" - a saying we (Sr. VP actually) have at work.

I can appreciate the difficulty of threads / processes sharing a DSP / multiple ArmCores / GPU / VHDL based custom logic (FGPA or Asic) (no GPU in the 6k obviously) working with the stuff in the day job.

Giving some thought to the thin-net on 1.4 one could conceivably place the 6K + PS at the antenna and only have to run power / ethernet (fiber based?).  Then you have the advantage of a remoter tuned antenna and no local RF in the shack.  So with the upcoming release a new feature - remote ATU - is launched.

More thoughts... at work they have a nice club station.  Being "at work" on a weekend chasing  DX (especially in the late / early hours) seems a bit odd.  With a 6K and WAN (1.5) one could have the fun from home with the advantage of good antennas etc...

Contests: Dabbling in CW / RTTY the 6500 was a blast and is without doubt the best radio I have used (hamming since 1967).  (My 1st receiver was a Drake 1A that was nice and I kick myself for selling that rig.)

I used HDSDR on  SoftRock Ensemble III (my intro to SDR) but after getting used to SSDR like the later much better. (gray-ed out items on a gray background are a bit difficult!)

Looking forward to 1.4 but enjoying 1.3.8.

_..--
     k3Tim

• DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    I have just got used to the alpha, beta, RC thing that most companies seem to use. The only other exception is WSJT-X that has RC2 in the file name of that latest official release of v1.4, but is anything but due to the number of changes they are still making and it actually being referred to a beta in the text.

You're just a rebel, :-)))).
  • K4VAE / Verne
    K4VAE / Verne Member
    edited February 2015
    Hey Nick,

Any luck with your trade?  6500 for 7700?

Just wondering

Verne / K4VAE
  • k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Speak for yourself...  I'd rather have an estimated date rather than no visibility. For you this means, simple don't read the posts with ETAs.  Simple - Win - Win

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Because of the way some have been acting on here, I really hope Flex keeps all future plans under covers.... no more estimated times any time...
This discussion has been closed.