Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

DRM function of the flex.

I'm looking for some help, in implementing the DRM function of the flex.  based article. I have a flex 1500   I read that knowledge based article and they suggested I use windrm software. It wasn't clear at all how to program the sound card portion of the windrm. Also, the way the cable should be hooked between the two sound cards, and I have been using the VAC 1 port for sound outport on the HF function and can I use the VAC2 port as well? I also have the dream software.  

Answers

• John
    John Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I believe VAC2 is not implemented on the 1500 but that's all I know and cannot help on the DRM
  • Don Maize
    Don Maize Member
    edited January 2015
    has any one got dr to work on the 1500
  • N7AIG
    N7AIG Member
    edited January 2015

Yes! I have DRM working on the Flex-1500. Works just fine -- when you can find a DRM station. (I understand that DRM has lost its lustre). Radio New Zealand is usually around.

To get it working I merely pipe my I&Q out to the VAC and use Dream. Takes a bit of futzing around with the settings in Dream, but I have found the 48 kHz direct I&Q to work best of all. Nice diagnostic graphs showing the decoding of the PAM modulation codes.

73 de Dave, N7AIG

• Don Maize
    Don Maize Member
    edited January 2015
    ur using one sound card?
    and rec only?
    i have dream but been trying to use windrm
  • N7AIG
    N7AIG Member
    edited January 2015

Not sure I understand the question. No sound card at all. The Flex-1500 *is* the soundcard.

I never heard of windrm, but I just looked it up. "Hotest HF mode around..." ?? That web page was written 10 years ago in 2005. Is anyone using this mode today?

73 de Dave, N7AIG

• Don Maize
    Don Maize Member
    edited January 2015
    i get u r useing the sound card in the computerif u output sound vac

ur not xmiting drm mode the windrm is to alow u to xmit and rec windrm narows the band with down to about 2.5 kc is best to use asecond sound card convert analog voice to dig i have not got it to work yet
  • N7AIG
    N7AIG Member
    edited January 2015

Wow, looks like an old joke script from Samuel Clemens.

Um, let's see, I am sending DRM audio out my computer audio port, so yes, I must be using the computer's audio "card". (it's actually a Dell laptop)

But I have never used WinDRM, and frankly never even knew DRM was being used on HF Ham bands. All I have ever done is pick up R. New Zealand, and a few others using Dream. Didn't hold my interest for much longer...

Sounds like you are having troubles piping your mic audio back into the Flex-1500? WinDRM would have to generate I&Q, I presume, and ship back through a second VAC pipe. My bet is that WinDRM might not be generating I&Q at the proper IF, if at all.

- de N7AIG

• Don Maize
    Don Maize Member
    edited January 2015
    tnx reply it on the back buner 4 now

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.