Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

MACLoggerDX

Bob G   W1GLV
Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
edited December 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
MACLoggerDX has been upgraded for SmartSDR v1.4. That's what I call forward thinking.

Comments

• Lee - N2LEE
    Lee - N2LEE Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    MacloggerDX rocks with SmartSDR !

It is so nice to click on the cluster spot and see the 6000 switch bands simply by being on the same network.

• Jay -- N0FB
    Jay -- N0FB Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    SSDR 1.4 and MacLoggerDX should incorporate my request (for both Dog Park Software and Flex Radio Systems) to have the "Automatic Focus" feature in SSDR work via TCP/IP.  

See the thread below:  

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/can-the-return-of-focus-to-logging-be-completed-via... 

Lee...You are absolutely correct.  MacLogger DX rocks with Smart SDR!!!

• Jay -- N0FB
    Jay -- N0FB Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Here is what Don Agro says was added into MacLogger DX in this release to support SSDR 1.4: The latest version of smartsdr-obj-c and the FM, FMN and FMD modes. 73 de VE3VRW Don Agro Jay
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Following spots works with most modern loggers such as HRD Logbook
    So this sounds like catching up?
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    QUESTION:

Does it follow more than TWO slices at the same time
  • Lee - N2LEE
    Lee - N2LEE Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Howard, do those loggers control the flex via ethernet ?
  • Lee - N2LEE
    Lee - N2LEE Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    yes and if you have two slices and the spot shows a split it will automatically put you in a split mode.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    That sounds great

How does it handle 3 or more slices?
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    HRD Logbook definitely does
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    The rest of them can use Virtual Serial Port via DDUTIL and/or SmartCAT
    So for all intents and purposes they are controlled thru the Ethernet
  • Lee - N2LEE
    Lee - N2LEE Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I am not sure I agree they are the same. For example I am running Macloggerdx on a separate machine that has NO additional software. The only connection is an ethernet cable on the same network in order to control the 6000.

Functionally might be the same but MLDX's implementation is much cleaner using Flex API's.
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Howard, just FYI MLDX has followed spots all along. I think what Lee was referring to is that it doesn't need CAT or DDUtil - the Mac application talks via LAN to the rig. 
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    I gather that.. technically HRDLogbook talks via Telnet but you need DDUTIL to translate the telnet connection to HRD

So MLDX is the first of the unfettered Ethernet Loggers..
  • Jay -- N0FB
    Jay -- N0FB Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    It does great with however many slices your Flex 6000 is capable of producing as there are specific configuration settings for each Flex Signature Series model.  If you have a 6700, it can mange the frequency and mode of all 8 slices (See Config Screenshot below:).

Don Agro, Developer of MacLogger DX is utilizing the Flex API and communicates with the radio via TCP/IP not via Serial Comm. Port CAT calls.  This Flex 6000 support is being made native in the Mac OSX environment, not via Windows Emulation.  This is a great direction for us Mac enthusiasts!
  • Steve W6SDM
    Steve W6SDM Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Log4OM will also tune your Flex when you click on the cluster spot.  It will also set the mode.  Nothing could be easier.  A logger that I used to use, Comm Cat, will do that plus it will set up the split if it's indicated in the spotter's comments.  So if the spotter commented "UP 3",  "QSX 3" or something similar, it actually set the split on my 5000.  I would imagine it does that with the 6XXX as well.  It would set up a 1 Khz split if the comment only had UP.  Pretty slick.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.