Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Start-up Profile?

K1ESE
K1ESE Member ✭✭✭
edited March 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows
In SmartSDR 1.3.8 how do I set the profiles to get the settings I want at start-up?  I have saved the settings as a separate profile and attempted to save it as 'Default' (which I assumed was the profile SmartSDR loaded on start-up).  It wouldn't let me do that.

So, how do I save al me settings so that they come up each time SmartSDR is loaded?

73 de K1ESE
John

Answers

• Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    John,
      At present, I know of no way to have SSDR startup with a saved profile.  It is supposed  starts up with is persistence data e.g. state at shut down.  I do have a saved profile that I load after each startup but its not automatic.
    AL, K0VM
  • John n0snx
    John n0snx Member
    edited April 2015
    I believe your last settings will be loaded at startup so maybe build a startup profile and make sure you load that profile before shutting down the rig...  That just might work... I myself never shut my radio off.... It's better to just leave it run rather than cycling it on and off all the time...I never shut off me computers either... and the Flex 6xxx is a computer   I reboot once a week and have never had one fail yet...I ran an internet business for 9 years and we never turned the servers off. just did backups and reboots...
  • Nick - W2NER
    Nick - W2NER Member
    edited February 2015
    Mine never starts up with the profile I last used.  I always must select my profile to reload, it is a PITA.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Here is what is happening.  There are two different types of radio states saved in the radio; global profiles and persistence.  Profiles are a set of specific or a "snapshot" of settings for the radio.  Profiles are the dynamic configuration state of the radio at any particular moment.  

This behavior, the way profiles and radio persistence operate and interact, is by design as it is essentially compliant with how all other radios behave and what is inherently expected by the operator.

You have provided input why you want a default auto starting profile.  Let me illustrate why an auto start profile might not be advantageous.

You are just about to snag that rare DX, as you have been working the pile up for hours and have figured out how he is working it.  There is a power glitch and you PC and radio go down.  You power everything back up, cursing the power company, and rather that your radio being in exactly the same state you left it, you have a "default" global profile that  un-configures your mode, the split configuration of the slices and you are on a different band. Now you are cursing the radio for not booting up in exactly the same state it was before it shut down.

So essentially what you are asking for is a modification in how the persistence / global profile paradigm works.  I recommend that you write up exactly how you would like that to work as an Idea post in the community so that other can comment on its usefulness.
  • Dan -- KC4GO
    Dan -- KC4GO Member
    edited March 2018
    I think I would like in the Radio tab of the  Radio setup to contain a flag that says:
    1: Restore last know configurations
    2: Use a stored profile for start-up
         a: With a pull down to select the Global profile to be used.

That way we don't have to select a hard wired solution.

Dan
  • K1ESE
    K1ESE Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Tim -

Good point.  I had not considered what happens if the radio was not shut down properly.

73 de K1ESE
    John
  • John n0snx
    John n0snx Member
    edited April 2015
    Thanks Tim for the explanation...

It's really no hassle to just build a startup profile and when you start SSDR then with 2 clicks you have your startup loaded...NO biggie.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.