Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Heil PS-IC

I have a Flex 1500, and now have a 6300 on the way. I'm coming from Icom rigs, and have a Heil PS-IC boomset. Can this be used with my 6300 and possibly my 1500? And if so, would it be a decent match?

If it can be used, what adapters would I look for?

Thanks!

Answers

• Bob Heil
    Bob Heil Member
    edited April 2020
    All of the Heil 'iC' elements were designed exclusively for iCOM - thus the "iC"  label.   iCOM is the only transmitter that provides  +8 volts  DC of phantom power on the microphone line.   Both the A.C. audio of the microphone and the + 8 volts DC is carried on the same mic lead.   To my knowledge, the Flex does not provide the + 8 volts of phantom power that is used to bias the F.E.T. in the Heil 'IC' element.  

The logical and best microphone for the Flex will be a dynamic such as the Heil PR 781 for their blanked inputs.   For their unbalanced inputs, one will want to use the Heil HM 12.  Hope this helps you.  

For the headsets you will want to use one of the headsets with the dynamic elements.  Not the iC.  

Flex very wisely, chose to share the YAESU pin out instead of having a special adapter.   The Heil AD- Y will be the correct adapter for the headphones.   CC-1 Y for an unbalanced microphone with PTT and the CC-1 Y XLR -Y-BAL  for the balanced XLR microphones.

Hope this helps     Bob Heil, K9EID
  • Andrew VK5CV
    Andrew VK5CV Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017

Ben,

The 6000 series can be set to put bias for an electret onto the mic line.

Though be prepared for high output.

Andrew de VK5CV

• pa0bie
    pa0bie Member
    edited January 2015
    I have a ICOM-HM36 microphone easily modifded to use with my 6700. As fare as I remenber , I only soldered the wire on pin 7 to pin 8.  That was all.  Do not to forget to switch on the bias in Radio Setup - Phone. No Quality differences with my previous HEIL.
  • Ben Sinclair
    Ben Sinclair Member
    edited January 2015
    Thanks Bob! I think I'll just order a new headset and sell my iC version.
  • Reggie-k6xr
    Reggie-k6xr Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    I have both the Heil HM-PRO Handi Mic and the Heil Proset-k2 (bought with my kx3). The Proset k2 says iC on it. Both work well on my flex-6500.
    Which would be the better mic or would the Hm-12 be the best?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.