Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

can flex 1500 transmit at 470Khz

John
John Member ✭✭
Being active on 600m, I wonder if the flex can be made to tx on 470Khz?

Answers

• Andrew VK5CV
    Andrew VK5CV Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017

John,

I have used my Flex 1500 for years on  630m and 2200m. It puts out a nominal 1mW on the transverter port. There is no filtering on TX or RX below about 480kHz. You will need your own preselector on RX and a 500kHz LPF on TX. Then you will need to amplify the 1mw to something useful. I have 50W on 475kHz. It works well, especially on WSPR, OPERA, and WSJT..

The 6500 is great RX below 500 kc at my location if I don't use the 20dB preamp and why would I?Transverter is low output over the full range. Watch out for the transverter port as mine puts out 20dBm into 50ohms. Blew a few MOSFETs the first time.

Andrew

• John
    John Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I had a rethink and found my old transverter which I used to use which has a 80m IF and 10w out on 470Khz. I will rather use that as its all ready to go. Just tested it out and it works fb with the antenna in the lounge. Managed to get a RF burn on my finger while measuring tx current. 10w through the large coil does produce quite a burn.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.