Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6000 Radios.

2»

Answers

• Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Not having a Flexradio is like not having Flexradio. Its also like having a life and skipping the good parts. Waiting until its finished and completely ready is like not getting to lick the spoon.
  • K2CM
    K2CM Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    My Flex 3000 was a wonderful radio. I took it on a DXpedition to Bequia where I operated as J8K2CM. Loved the radio; but, sold it to get a 6700. I am having no issues with the 6700 and find that the CW filters are better and that the receiver has extremely low internal noise. It is by far the best radio that I have ever owned!
  • Lee - N5LN
    Lee - N5LN Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Jay,  Great analogy.  I'll have to steal it and give you the credit (not)!  Hi Hi.  N5LN
  • Robert -- N5IKD
    Robert -- N5IKD Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    The 6000 is such a good radio that it exposes all of the problems in the rest of your station that you didn't know existed. If you don't want to expose problems of which you are not currently aware, then you should keep the radio that you have.
  • Corey/ KC0YNS
    Corey/ KC0YNS Member
    edited September 2015
    Just like you I waited since last fall, Finally pulled the trigger and ordered the 6300 last week, It was delivered to my door in two days, Replaced one position on my desk that had a Yaesu FT1000MP with the Flex this past Friday....I'm having a great time...Lots of great support..

Just yesterday N5DOA Don works for Flex & he heard me talking on 80 meters yesterday evening about my new Flex and offered his help in getting my audio just right...He also offered to Email him anytime.

I'm really enjoying all the options this rig has to offer, Order it, You won't be sorry!!  Corey kc0yns    
  • Lee - N5LN
    Lee - N5LN Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    It is yours for free.  After I order a Flex, what do I do with my VTVM & signal generator? 
  • W8GAZ
    W8GAZ Member
    edited January 2015
    I got my 6300 at Dayton when it was first released.  It has been fantastic. I had a 5000 for 4 years before.  The 6300 has been perfect with zero problems. I run an 500 watt amp and use a loop for receive as well as my beam.  Maybe some people just don't have what it takes to be a ham. :)

• John n0snx
    John n0snx Member
    edited April 2015
    I have read all the comments on this topic and Like MOST of the replies I agree the 6000 series is the best radio on the market.

This forum was never designed to be a place to review their products, It was started as an avenue for each and every flex user to come and ask fellow users questions regarding "HOW TO" and report bugs users have come across while using the rig.

A lot of the issues that you see here  is in no way a reflection of the REAL radio... You have people complaining about this and that and the software lacks and so on...That's is a small group of users that are putting the radio thru extreme operating conditions that the normal user would never think about.

For any user this is a fantastic radio and with each software upgrade it like getting a new radio; For the average user it is AWESOME!!!! The receiver is the BEST I have ever owned and I have owned Hundreds of them....

I have been a Flex guy for a long time starting with the 3000(2 times), 5000(2 times) and the 6300(2 times) and Have just ordered a 6500... Flex has definitely got it going on with the 6000 series.  NOTHING on the market can compete with it.

Ricky with that being said.... Don't pass up the opportunity to own and use the Best there is....

Because:
    "ONCE YOU HAVE THE BEST YOU WILL NEVER GO BACK TO THE REST."
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    If your seeking something you may find it. Pleasure, Pain, Excitement, Joy, Positive, Negative, Good, or Bad. The important thing is knowing the difference, between what your looking at, and what your looking for. As with everything it is what it is, we create our own definitions. Beauty is there, It's up to you to see it when you look at it.
  • Barry N1EU
    Barry N1EU Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Appreciate the big perspective!
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    If your after Big, go with reality. It's really big, Infinitely big. Wherever you look there it is. 
  • Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Very little. 

You can see the results here in the forum.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.