Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

An Interesting Audio Idea?

K6NOK- Bill
K6NOK- Bill Member
edited June 2020 in New Ideas
I have been thinking about adding a good quality communications speaker to my 6300. It seems though that  most of the best reviewed speakers of that type are not amplified, and so I would need an audio amplifier to use with it. During my research I came across this little 25 watt audio amp by Pyle which could fit the bill. The interesting thing, to me. about it is that it includes the ability to broadcast the audio via bluetooth. That opens some interesting possibilities like bluetooth headphones and bluetooth speakers. Hmmmmmm....
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MIYET9E/ref=dra_a_rv_mr_hn_it_P1250_1000?tag=dradisplay-20&ascsubtag...

Comments

• np2g
    np2g Member ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Wonder how it would live along side RF . Some just wont work . 
  • pa0bie
    pa0bie Member
    edited January 2015
    A metal case is essential !
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I have a couple Blue tooth devices I have been playing with and they both work fine at least using it on 40, 80, and 20 meters which I have used them on.

It would be nice if FLEX would enable the USB jack on the radio for a few of the different BLUE Tooth dongles to allow a direct blue tooth connection to Headsets, Speakers and serial devices.

Rig Blaster BLUE works VERY well with a BlueParrot head set and I am sure with Blue tooth speakers and has the RS-232 outputs just make sure you have the latest configuration down load.

Hiel also has a Bluetooth MIC adapter that plugs into the Balanced MIC jack and the other end to the XLR jack on a Microphone,  Pyle make a bunch of devices that are designed for the RF environment so Blue tooth does work in a RF environment if you have your near field RF managed from my experience and tests at least.

I would say give it a try it may surprise you 

73's 
    Bret WX7Y

• k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    One can set the PC up for BT:  control panel -> sound

I use BT  to listen to SW while in the observatory.
    A Phiaton BT4.0 device works well and seems RF proof.

_..--
     Tim

• Steve W6SDM
    Steve W6SDM Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Most of the RF issues with speakers come from the speaker wire being resonant sending RF into the amp or into the speakers.  It can also get in through the lead feeding the amp. If the speaker wire is picking up RF, a metal case on the amp isn't going to do much good.

I use Bose Companion II amplified speakers for one audio section.  I also feed the audio into a Pyle amp, which drives two Bose bookshelf speakers.  I use that in tandem when I really want to fill the room with audio.  The Bose speakers are probably overkill but they do sound good - they do as good a job of replicating the noise as they do the signal.

Now, if I read the Amazon description right, the amp is capable of pairing with a phone or tablet to play audio.  I don't see an input except for the auxiliary input on the front, so it looks like that's the intention.  Also, I would be worried about the antenna on the back of it being an RF magnet.

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I saw Bob demo this Bt adapter, It was interesting and it worked very well. Look mom no wires....
  • SteveM
    SteveM Member
    edited January 2017
    XYL and kids gave me a BT headset for Xmas, the $70 Logitech cheapies. They work flawlessly. My shack is in the basement about 25' from the 43' vertical antenna (barefoot). I can wander about anywhere in the house with them. I can't use VOX, though, because my little ones are so noisy.
  • Steve Parker
    Steve Parker Member
    edited January 2015
    These actually work great......no RF issues, and have 2 lines.....I run the rig and pc http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/MS40.aspx

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.