Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

I+am+looking+for+information+regarding+raising+the+output+of+the+6300+XVTR+port+to+1+watt+to+drive+a

Jack
Jack Member
edited September 2015 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Presently I use the ANT #2 port to excite and receive using my DEMI 144-28 common IF and common RF XVTR. Unfortunately my DEMI requires a minimum of 1 watt to produce any usable output on the 2 meter RF output which is not available on the 6300's XVTR port. I use ANT #2 but this is not the best way to employ an XVTR on the 6300. This scenario (although working nicely now) does introduces a degree of risk of over driving the XVTR unit as well as the lack of some of the features that are only available if the XVTR port is used. I am looking thru the catalogs now for possible solid state devices that could provide this +10dBM to 1 watt output and thought it best to see if this has already been done ? What are others using XVTRs requiring more than +10dbM to excite their XVTR doing to address this issue ? The experimentation in this area have been fun but must come to an end to protect my investments / property.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated !!

Answers

• Bob - G3WKW
    Bob - G3WKW Member
    edited December 2014
    I think I would look for the attenuator inside the transverter first. Just a thought!
  • pa0bie
    pa0bie Member
    edited December 2014

Contact Sandra , K4SME , at DEMI.  I am sure that se can give You the information about the attenuator in the transverter.

• Jack
    Jack Member
    edited April 2015
    Thank you all -

Bob G3WKW started me on the right track.

also PA0BIE with the contact at DEMI (I purchased the L144 7 years ago, now out of touch with DEMI).

I was doing a lot of talking and not enough analysis of the schematics in my .PFD files for the L144-28HP. I have this morning and now have the shopping list I need to mod my DEMI.

I received a high level TXIF unit (10 watt TXIF) which does not have IC7 MAR3 nor the 1000pF cap for proper C91 either.

I have adjusted the level control R36 to at least allow the low level TXIF now available at the 6300 XVTR port and produce enough to drive the TE Systems Power Amp to produce 250 watts (about 1/2 power) so for now I can use the proper port until I get the DEMI modified !

TNX

73 DE W1AKN Jack

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.