Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

MX-P50A interfacing

I've just purchased a MX-P50A amp to try get a little more "oomph" into my TX, but it comes with a cable for a Yaseu FT-817 for auto band switching (although manual switching can be done).  Do any of the more knowledgeable people know if i can modify this to do the same via the ACC socket on my 1500?

TIA

Answers

• Jon_KF2E
    Jon_KF2E Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Probably not. I don't believe the BCD data that Yaesu radios use to band change is available on the ACC port. You can probably do it with a parallel port on your computer and DDutil but I don't know the details.

Jon...kf2e
  • Michael VE3WMB
    edited December 2014
    From what I recall the FT-817 outputs a voltage in the 0 to 5V range to convey band information. I am in a similar boat with my THP HL-45B amp as it is designed to auto band switch with an FT-817. I have been considering building a interface using an Arduino Nano to convert band info from PowerSDR into an analog voltage that mimics what would be provided by an FT-817 for the same band.  
    I did find the following project, which is a similar idea but provides band info from PowerSDR to an Elecraft T1auto tuner.  

http://blog.zensunni.org/blog/2011/01/19/arduino-elecraft-t1-interface/

This looks like it could be a good starting point. Notice that the author chose to set up the Arduino Nano (built-in USB interface) to listen for band info from DDUTIL rather than trying to build something that interfaced to the Flexwire port on the back of the 1500.

I think I have all of the pieces, I just need to make some time and see if I can prototype something that will work. 

Cheers 

Michael VE3WMB 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.